Ninja move

By kiran - 24/10/2009 04:19 - United States

Today, I went to the post office. As I entered the building, my car alarm went off. Thinking I'd accidentally pressed the alarm on my keys, I shut it off without looking. When I returned to my car, the passenger window was demolished and my purse with all my money was gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 070
You deserved it 39 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI on two counts: For just shutting off the alarm without looking. And for leaving your purse in sight in the first place. Idiot.

Why wouldn't you have just taken your purse with you? I always take my purse with me, because I'm always afraid someone's going to steal it!

Comments

YOU DESERVED IT. Seriously? Why the hell are you leaving your purse IN BROAD DAYLIGHT? At least take it in or shove it under the seat in the back. FAIL ON YOUR PART.

Shmoopie4 0

I don't understand why people will still leave things like their purse in the car. My husband learned his lesson a long time ago when he left his iPod in the car and someone smashed in the window and took it. Guess what--an alarm isn't going to magically 'stop' the person who's trying to break into the car. Next time, TAKE YOUR PURSE WITH YOU!

FAKEstfu 0

You ******* deserve it....dumbass!

alysonwolf 0

You shouldnt leave your purse in the car stupid

mcsnelly 5

People, chill! She said she was going to the post office so she was probably just going in and out! It's not ridiculous for people to leave stuff in their car when they're just going to be gone for like 2 minutes!

LOL, it's so funny to see someone jumping to the OP's defense... what's the point of doing that? Leaving the purse with money in the car IS something stupid. Any of us can relate to why she did it, but it's still something stupid to do and this FML is exactly why. Now the fact that the alarm went off and she didn't even glance at the car is double-stupid and YDI.

You are an idiot. I work for my local police department, and we see EVERYDAY where some stupid idiot left their purse/ipod/cash in the car and they broke in and stole it. It happens at post offices, gyms, gas stations, everywhere. How hard is it to take your purse and put it over your shoulder, really? The media showed a gas station video of a woman who parked at the pump and got out to pump gas. Left her car unlocked with her purse inside while she's doing it. You can watch as some guy approaches her car from the other side, opens her passenger door, steals her purse off the seat and runs. WHILE SHE'S STANDING NEXT TO IT! Oh, don't just shove your purse under your seat either; if a thief sees you exit a vehicle w/o a purse, they're going to assume you left it under your seat or in the glove box and break in anyways. BTW OP is stupid for not at least looking in the direction of her car when the alarm went off.

mcsnelly 5

Yes I do in fact realize that things can get stolen anywhere, at any time! But everyone on here is acting like it's something NO ONE would ever do and you'd have to be an absolute moron to ever do such a thing! People just look to blame the victim because they think they should have known better when I'm willing to bet this is something the majority of people on here have done more than once. It's like the other FML recently where someone cut the lock off someone's gym locker and everyone was jumping down that person's throat because they left their keys in the locker. HELLO! It was locked! They thought it'd be safe because it was locked like anyone else would!

countryb_cth 38

@37 But with this FML it is her fault. She should have known better. And no not everyone does it I don't know anyone who has ever left their purse (no matter how busy) inside the vehicle. Yeah it may be a common mistake, however she should have known better. Also leaving it out in plain view is just begging to be broken into. No matter how you look at it this was indeed her fault and she did deserve it. I am guessing now she has learned her lesson and won't make the same mistake again.

That's why they call it an alarm... It tells you when someone breaks in.

Wow, so you have an alarm on your car but neglect to respond when it goes off, then expect your stuff to still be OK? YDI.

Agreed. And YDI for not bringing your bag with your wallet/money in with you. I bet you're the same person who goes to the supermarket and is checking out when you realize you forgot your money in the car. Oh yeah that's right... you have to actually pay for things.