Never trust Facebook

By sad - 01/10/2020 16:06 - United Kingdom

Today, I left a gift on my colleague's desk, with a note saying I liked him. He brought it over and handed it back, and told me he's married. His Facebook says he is single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 056
You deserved it 607

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if he's old enough to say "I'm married" (real or not) you're too old to be leaving "I like you" notes.

Amanda G Rich 23

so? my Facebook says I'm married but I'm not. its Facebook not a legal document

Comments

Amanda G Rich 23

so? my Facebook says I'm married but I'm not. its Facebook not a legal document

Well if you'd give me a goddamn answer...!

if he's old enough to say "I'm married" (real or not) you're too old to be leaving "I like you" notes.

I wouldn’t rely too much on FB for relationship statuses...

leximichelle 13

I’ve never been married, but on Facebook, I’m divorced. Look more for a ring on the finger or perhaps photos on a desk before going all 3rd grade on the guy. You know, as opposed to stalking his social media accounts.

Generally speaking, it’s better to say personal things face to face rather than with notes or gifts. An astute person will note if the other person seems interested before pouring out their heart to the other person - Which saves both people from an unwanted situation. Regardless of if the other person is married or not, he’s just not in to you. Accept that and move on.

No, see, classic mistake. You're supposed to get your best friend to ask his best friend if he likes you. Then later you prank call him from a sleepover. Much more mature that way. 🙄

I know a lot of people who basically never check their Facebook or update it anymore. Doesn't surprise me if it's way outdated.

That’s inappropriate to do to a coworker. You don’t send gifts and love notes to each like you’re school children. You sound really young and inexperienced OP, or at least, I hope you are.

I’ve never bothered updating the settings on Facebook. You need to get away from your screen more.