Never enough

By badenoughflowers - 14/01/2013 15:47 - United States - Ben Wheeler

Today, my girlfriend returned home from a several week vacation with family. Instead of a happy reunion, I was terribly emasculated, publicly, for bringing flowers that "weren't as pretty as all the other couples' in baggage claim." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 735
You deserved it 3 595

Same thing different taste

Top comments

transcedental 18

Somehow.. I.. just wanna give you a hug. Sorry that she didn't appreciate your gesture ;/

Comments

vvlovesu 9

That was selfish of her. Some people don't get flowers. Shoot some don't even have people who come to see them at the airport because they miss them. In my opinion honey you can do better.

Many guys wouldn't even think to bring flowers. It's the thought behind it that counts.. Yes, some girls would love their favorite flowers.. But if you made a genuine attempt she should be grateful. Some people have no one waiting for them!

You can bring me flowers anytime and have a little chat with the little lady about feelings( yours)....

Psycho_Babydoll 26

FMLs like this make me so sad and shocked. If I were her, I would be happy and grateful that he came there in the first place. If someone came to get me AND got me flowers, I'd probably cry (in a good way). And yet there are always girls who have the sweetest guys who do the sweetest things, but they're not happy because some other guy is giving his girlfriend something better. Why can't girls just be happy with what they've got? If you have a boyfriend who greets you at the airport with flowers, you're one lucky girl. Ughh but really this has made me so angry and upset... not only was she an ungrateful cow but she publicly made a scene. It reminds me of little kids throwing a tantrum because another child has a bigger ice cream or something. Still, on the plus side her public fit let everyone around her know that she's a bitch. End rant.

tj5810 21

I was on board until you said bigger ice cream... I think a tantrum is justified then... But maybe I just like ice cream. Lol

Psycho_Babydoll 26

Well you get what I mean, little kids crying and tantruming because someone else has something they want. Also this FML reminds me of when my friend broke off her engagement because she found out the ring wasn't as expensive as she thought. Threw away her super sweet boyfriend because she wanted a more valuable ring. Yay for those who give girls a bad name.

I came home after being out of province for 6 weeks and my boyfriend didn't even come meet me at the airport lol. I guess he figured since my parents were coming to meet me he didn't have to bother.

You brought flowers and discovered you have a thorny issue with your prickly of a GF. Okay- it's a stretch. But seriously, what a mega bitch of an ungrateful GF.

Auto correct strikes again. I meant to call OP's girlfriend a prick. Not just prickly. But whatev. She is a prickly prick mega bitch.