Never be that atheist debate-lord Andy

By Aaaaaaaaaa - 08/09/2022 20:00

Today, I was ranting about creationists, when a friend interrupted me. He managed to mount a defense of creationism that I couldn't argue with. I got so flustered, I punched him in the face and ran away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 208
You deserved it 1 741

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You lost an argument to a creationist? Are you stupid as well as unnecessarily violent?

I hope he punches you right the **** back and you suffer a level 3 concussion. Asshole. How dare you attack someone for using logical argumentative reasoning? You overreacted. Be careful because actions like that lead to prison or worse. Check yourself before other people rightful chin checks it for you.

Comments

I hope he punches you right the **** back and you suffer a level 3 concussion. Asshole. How dare you attack someone for using logical argumentative reasoning? You overreacted. Be careful because actions like that lead to prison or worse. Check yourself before other people rightful chin checks it for you.

You lost an argument to a creationist? Are you stupid as well as unnecessarily violent?

AzraelAngelus 15

I hope he presses charges and you get locked up for a few years

mattiagardin 15

Familiarize yourself with some of the millions of pieces of evidence that evolution is the mechanism that advances biology and the Earth is billions of years old. You should be able to overwhelm a few pages from one book.

Marcella1016 31

Anyone else curious what the argument was?

blargerpanda 13

honestly yes, mostly cause I'm 100% sure it's easily refuteable so I can make fun of this guy for being a violent idiot more

Blobby McGee 5

the usual evolutionist response

No it isn't. I've never hit a creationist in my life. As much as I'd like to knock some sense into them. If you're getting punched in the face every time you speak to an evolutionist, that's a you problem, so stop running your mouth.

I'd like to hear what that defense was that couldn't be argued against because I guarantee it can. Being violent was stupid, though.

I am constantly amazed that there are people immature enough to become violent as a result of just words. Even more immature is to resort to violence because you cannot rationally argue your point against someone with their own agenda. God, if he/she/it exists, does not exist or not because of a debate between two people. It is not up to you or your creationist to settle the facts. Be advised that there are people on both sides just itching to get into a debate and “prove” their point and are well rehearsed in what they plan to say. I think the fact is that it’s impossible to either “prove” or “disprove” the existence of God (and hence creationism) by logical means because of the seduction of “faith”. Faith means belief in the unseen and unproven and has its own “rules” of logic and belief. If it had been possible to logically establish the truth of God or Gods or not, that question would be over and settled long, long ago.