By bingalingading - 12/02/2015 01:44 - United States - Owosso

Today, my boss refused to give me vacation time for my wedding and honeymoon because she didn't have a honeymoon and because of that apparently neither should I. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 959
You deserved it 2 274

bingalingading tells us more.

op here! Turns out I sorta kinda went over her head about it and now my vacation time has been approved! Of course said manager wasn't happy, but of course I went to HR about it and they seemed to have taken care of it. So starting June 22nd I will be on a cruise with my lovely wife!

Top comments

That seems highly unreasonable. If your company has one, try contacting HR. Whilst your boss signs off your holidays, in some workplaces HR needs to approve them as well (basically to log them). So, they should be able to help.

Comments

Unfortunately people are often envious and cruel for no reason. Try having a calm conversation and bringing some sense into your boss, OP. If it doesn't work out, try her superior or HR, if there is one.

That seems highly unreasonable. If your company has one, try contacting HR. Whilst your boss signs off your holidays, in some workplaces HR needs to approve them as well (basically to log them). So, they should be able to help.

Supervisors can decline vacation requests without any reason. Regardless if the OP finds it fair or not, that's too bad. This is why you don't tell people the reason why you're requesting time off as it isn't any of their business.

#42, you kinda can't ask for time off for vacation. Most bosses/managers will ask why you wanna take that time off.

"She sounds hideous." "Well that's cause she is a guy so...."

Just ******* go, I can't stand vindictive ass holes

Yeah just go even though they said you can't. I'm sure they'll respect that rebel attitude and not reprimand or fire you!

yeah because if you do that you're surely not gonna get fired....

rhiannahoward14 19

Or don't go and miss out on the wedding she's planned and all the money spent reserving the honey moon. That sounds good too.

Wow, that's selfish. Try telling her that your not going on a honeymoon, but a vacation. She won't deny that.

hamrtym 15

If you don't have guaranteed vacation days, call in sick. Just don't post about it on social media.

That'd work but OPs boss would remember the dates requested and notice how they conveniently match.

hamrtym 15

Possibly but then what? What action can a boss take based on coincidence? If speculation was proof we'd all be in trouble.

Not that I dislike your comment but a wedding/honeymoon shouldn't have to be hidden. It should be celebrated and shared without fear of one's boss