Mystery toilet

By wellcrap - 03/10/2013 05:41 - United States - Carrollton

Today, I walked into a really fancy hotel bathroom. I spoke to the attendant and gave her my purse and coat while I used the toilet. When I came out, she was gone. The receptionist informed me they didn't have a bathroom attendant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 034
You deserved it 52 494

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Even if they did have one...why give your things to anyone? YDI just take it with you and hang them on the hook on the bathroom door.

I never trust that, maybe I don't trust people in general but I'm not okay with the idea of handing my expensive things to a stranger and assuming they'll give them back.

Comments

That's good advice, but does anyone actually do that?

Even if they did have one...why give your things to anyone? YDI just take it with you and hang them on the hook on the bathroom door.

ghil15 8

maybe OP is feeling like a princess...

jw90 18

I've been to a few places with restroom attendants. They're there to help with mints, towels, gum, perfume, and the like, not to hold your stuff, OP. If the bathroom gets busy the poor woman would look like a coat rack.

annoy_me 9

What do you mean hang them on the hook? like a ... a POOR person!!!???!!! *shaking my head* some people today. Cmon!

Even if you hang your stuff there it can still get stolen...like the one FML where someone was taking a crap and their purse got stolen from that hook.

I never trust that, maybe I don't trust people in general but I'm not okay with the idea of handing my expensive things to a stranger and assuming they'll give them back.

I agree. With how many people have stolen from my family, I don't trust anyone. My father lost his phone because someone asked to use it to make a call. Now, when people ask to borrow my phone, I say I am going to make the call for them, they can tell me what they need said.

I either tell them I don't have one, or make sure their in a place they can't escape unless I let them. A great spot is if they have the window seat and you have the aisle seat on the bus

Or put on speaker and hold it tightly in your hand.

Was she wearing a work uniform or name tag?

I wonder if that works for her very often.

thebigtwinkie 28

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
ilytyvm 25

I work in a hotel, though. Not an expensive one or anything, but I know that if they were hanging around in the bathrooms, it would be difficult for any of us to realize it unless they were in there more than once when we used the restroom. I have a ton to do when I'm working any shift but the overnight, so I can only imagine what working for a pricier hotel would be like.

The more money people spend, the more they want to be treated like royalty. I worked in a friend's parent's hotel for a summer. I was yelled at, had food dumped on me, was told I was a ******* ****, etc. We had no time to go around checking out the bathrooms, especially during the day.

ThatFancyPenn 18

Haha and then just say that they gave it to you no questions asked.

If you do don't be a huge thief and take the whole wallet with the cards and things. Just take the cash cause you can't use a card w/o the pin anyway.

But.. Anyon's nice to me! HE WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING TO HURT MY TRUST. GET OUT OF HERE YOU HEATHEN. *cries*

that's bad....but why would u trust someone soo easily?

That wasn't such a hot idea. I wouldn't trust my stuff with a stranger anyway. Sorry to say but YDI