Money money money

By Alittlebitiffy - 26/04/2017 14:00

Today, my husband insists he'll be able to make a career out of playing League of Legends. He says this with only $4 in our bank account because of his last brilliant career move. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 845
You deserved it 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lobby_Bee 17

If he ain't making money with LOL before, he ain't gonna make money now. Professional players practice and play everyday for years before becoming good enough to turn pro.

nononsense14 8

This is why it's important to have your own savings.

Comments

Whowhatwhere2 3

Stop him, now. Cut his Internet access, if necessary, but he's heading towards disaster. Not that I need to say this, anyway

stevenbro 6

So why do you stay with this loser?

My husband tried to make that argument once. I threatened to cut his Ethernet cable if he didn't go out and get a real job.

Lucky O'Guin 18

I don't know for sure, but by the way you mention his past decision about a career, I'm guessing you're either married to a lazy bum or an absolute idiot. If he's made a history of bad financial decisions, maybe you should seek help from a financial counseling service. If nothing else, get a job yourself and then file for divorce or try a separation.

That's why people have separate bank accounts along with a joint account. You usually put in the same percent into the joint account, so the person making the smaller salary isn't screwed and the person making the larger salary gets away with putting in less, to pay for bills and such that is in both your names. The rest goes to separate bank accounts, which is the then used for individual bills and the like.

And did you say, "Yeah, because your last career move worked so well"?

Judge Judy would be disappointed in you. She always says to NEVER have a joint account to avoid situations like this.

Wow, he needs a serious reality check. But I do wonder, are you working at all? If so, good. But you shouldn't have to do it alone. I'd unplug his computer or something and tell him to get a real job.