Money money money

By hmmm - 01/10/2013 12:32 - United Kingdom - Leicester

Today, my boyfriend's dad said he'd given my boyfriend £100 to take me out for a meal last night and he hoped I'd enjoyed it. Last night my boyfriend and I went to Pizza Hut, shared a pizza and split the bill. Turns out my boyfriend had simply pocketed the money without telling anyone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 298
You deserved it 4 032

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dswank620 18

It's even worse that his dad gave him the money instead of him using his own

I'm sorry op. But maybe he's saving up to buy you something?

Comments

Note to OP: don't let your boyfriend handle the finances

TheDrifter 23

But he didn't have gta5 or the new pokemon game, sacrifices needed to be made, right? Right?

I think you meant "on." As in, "Turn 'on' the Xbox, GTA5 is here!"

You got pizza... I do not see the problem... Besides, who needs that much money just for a meal anyway?

They split the bill. She still had to pay. I go dutch with my boyfriend all the time, but if my dad or his dad gave him money to take me out to a nice dinner,he'd take me out to a nice dinner and not pocket the money and make me pay.

But what is really so wrong with helping pay the bill? Is it not more fair that way?

Nothing usually, but this time the intention was for OP's boyfriend to take the money and treat her, not take her to a mediocre pizza chain and split the bill with her. Now if they had gone to a nice restaurant and the bill was more than what than the £100 given, then it would have been acceptable for OP to help pay the bill, or helped with the tip depending on their custom.

Meh, fair enough for OP to be pissed then I guess.

Your boyfriend's dad is very sweet, OP. I'm sorry that your boyfriend is not, however. :/

I'd tell on him. I mean, no need to spend a 100 quid on food, but sharing a pizza AND making you pay half of it? Damn, he sure is one close-fisted little man.

jasmine2301 25

Tell on him? What are you, five?

The_9th_Doctor 18

Give him a few weeks, maybe a big gift is coming your way.

Mr_Mole 24

That would be extremely optimistic.

Pinkfun69 4

Be sure to tell your BF's dad. So, he knows next time to give you the money

Aussieinusa 5

Time for a trade in. If it was me, I would have used the money to buy groceries and make dinner with desert to eat by candlelight and a movie afterwards

a real man doesn't ask his girlfriend's dad for money to take her on a date.

EmsyyyRose13 24

How do you know the guy asked his dad for the money? Maybe the dad was just being generous, and wanted to treat the couple.

Exactly. Like I said in one of my replies above, my dad or my boyfriend's dad sometimes gives us money for dates just to be nice because they like us. Dads aren't as tight fisted as TV would like to portray them to be!

#46, It says boyfriend's dad. The boyfriend didn't ask her dad but his own dad gave it to him. Maybe the dad was just being nice to them. There is no ages so they may still be in school and too young to get a job (think 14-16). There could be a lot of reasons.

TheDrifter 23

53, I was thinking more of those Cialis commercials where the parents invent reasons to keep the kids away from the house for some "alone time", but I suppose being fond of their child is a valid reason too.

#62, Haha I like your reasoning though. My dad has given my boyfriend money just to take me out for a nice date because he thinks my boyfriend is a great guy and he likes us together, so I just assumed that OP is a great gal and her boyfriend's dad wanted to treat them.

He sounds like a douche bag. What else is hiding from you.