Money for nothing

By CollegeGirl - 01/05/2009 21:15 - United States

Today, I did my laundry in my dorm. After dragging 2 hampers down 4 flights of stairs, my ID card with money on it was rejected. After dragging it back upstairs, I scrounged up enough quarters from friends. Thirty minutes after finally starting my laundry, I realized I forgot to add detergent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 749
You deserved it 48 872

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The only bit that's possibly your fault is forgetting to add detergent, and that is a very easy mistake to make. Half the time I try to do laundry I have to stop the machine and start over because I've forgotten to add detergent.

fretforyerlatte 0

seriously 13 you don't know what fail means? it means you failed. at whatever is being discussed, or life in general. i think that's pretty obvious. community washers/dryers are awful...in my old apartment building someone once used bleach and i guess there was still a residue of it left behind or something, because several of my things wound up with bleach stains on them. makes you really appreciate when you have your own house and laundry facilities.

Comments

#20 has it right. waiting until you're on your last pair of clean underwear never ends well...

#3 sorry about that. I couldn't resist.

pancakelover 0

I do stuff like that all the time!

My chem prof maintains that people use way more detergent than is actually needed. So much, in fact, that there's residual detergent left in our clothes after washing. If you wash your clothes fairly regularily and nothing was too soiled, that residual detergent should have been enough to at least get them smelling clean again.

YDI for not doing your washing more regularly.

poison29 0

dear #9, go die. also OP, why didn't you leave your clothes and go upstairs by yourself to go get quarters? i doubt your dirty laundry will be stolen in less than 5 minutes.

That happened to me a lot when I was in college. Now I ate ramen for months in order to afford my washer and dryer, but I did and dont regret because I refuse to go to laundrymats anymore..lol.

This sounds like me forgetting to turn the water on when I use the dishwasher... lol