Missed cues

By Kylene - 23/04/2009 19:51 - United States

Today, I had an interview for a job in a professor's lab. He seemed like a really nice, grandfatherly old guy. We got up to go take a look around the lab, and he held out his arms really wide to me… so I went in for a hug. Turns out he was just gesturing for me to go through the door first. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 780
You deserved it 52 858

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

lol extremely unprofessional, but cute nonetheless.... I probly wud have done the same thing :)

lol classic, i would have given you a job if i got a hug :)

KeithHarris 0

You don't have to hide it. We all know hot wrinkley old guy turns you on. :-P

Can't tell if this is FHL or FYL without seeing your pic.

firecrackah 0

YDI for hugging an old man.

#23 and 24 Just because a similar incident happened to someone else doesn’t mean it’s fake and anyway they’re only similar in the fact that they were both unwanted hugs “'Today, I saw a girl I knew from high school at the DMV and she started leaning forward. I thought she was leaning into hug me. So I just began to hug her. She was actually trying to throw something in the garbage. FML' hmmm...sounds familiar???” Not really Seriously what is with people these days? Oh I brushed my teeth today; obviously no one else has ffs Anyway, BAH! That's happened to me not going to lie, fair awkward #35 nice! Yeah dude ignore the haters! :)

lorrain_fml 0

I'm sure he found it somewhat akwardly charming. ^_^

lazylacey 0

that is why I don't hug people. haha.

Way to go! This world definitely needs more hugs! I'm guessing you made his day - even if you probably did startle him. Thanks for posting this - it gave me a warm smile for the rest of the day :o)