Merde alors !

By Anonymous - 06/05/2011 19:16 - United Kingdom

Today, I went on a long overdue vacation to France with my husband and young daughter. As revenge for an earlier prank, my sister has apparently taught my daughter to swear profusely in French. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 941
You deserved it 9 366

Same thing different taste

Comments

That is probably the most ingenuous idea ever!

geekstinkbreath 9

I think this is your karma, seeing as it was for an "earlier prank" lol.

I hate to say this, but how can a FML start with you bragging about a trip to a foreign country? If your kid is old enough to swear in any language, they're old enough to know it is impolite and not do it. This is what discipline is for. While I gotta give props to your sis for sheer genius, I would also expect you would be smart enough not to let an adult that would teach a child to swear on purpose alone with your child ever again. Sorry, something wrong with an adult that would do such a thing and I wouldn't think it safe. Last comment...what in the world did you do to your sister? Maybe that poor child should not be alone with you either?

I wouldn't call it bragging, OP said it was a vacation, which sounds nothing like bragging. Also considering OP said "young daughter" and that the sister taught her how to swear (which is juvenile and irresponsible as a guardian) I assume the daughter is still very impressionable and doesn't know any better, or never knew what those words meant. The child shouldn't be disciplined, just taught what is and isn't okay to say. The sister, however should be kept away from the child until she learns to grow the **** up.

Tu es une pièce de merde. J'espère que tu meurs dans un trou.

That's not okay, make sure your child knows how bad those words are and keep her away from your sister, make sure she knows that she doesn't get to see her niece anymore until she grows up. Pranks between siblings is fine as long as they aren't annoying or harmful, but involving the child-ESPECIALLY by teaching them bad things is over the line.