Legalize it

By Anonymous - 25/07/2021 15:01 - Mexico - Mexico

Today, after arriving, I was told that there will be mandatory drug tests for everybody at my work. Yesterday, I did joints at a friend's party, as it was her birthday. I'm fucked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 416
You deserved it 1 459

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Septemberz_Storm 8

Jobs are legally bound to inform you that they do drug testing. So you were fully aware of the chance. You took your chance and failed.

DoctorPALO 14

Wth do you act like somebody MADE you smoke because it was their birthday? They aren't a very good friend if they wouldn't understand you saying, "Pass, my job has random drug testing." Ohhhh, wait, that's just because you don't want to take responsibility for your own actions, right?

Comments

now if you lived somewhere where its legal...

Nah. even where it's "legal," jobs can still have a no tolerance policy and fire you. pretty much everywhere. stupid, but true. 🤷‍♀️

yeah I know that my job only give you a drug test if you crash one of the vehicles if you know HOW to drive you're good and only have 1 drug test when you start

Even in states where marijuana is legal, in absence of laws stating otherwise, like in Maine, it’s legal to fire someone for using marijuana outside working hours. Didn’t say it was justified or a good idea, but it’s legal to do so. Maybe only if they showed up impaired at work should it be justified (like alcohol.) I say “should” because in many cases the law doesn't agree.

Refuse to take the test because you read on Facebook that drug tests could give you Covid or the vaccine.

Septemberz_Storm 8

Jobs are legally bound to inform you that they do drug testing. So you were fully aware of the chance. You took your chance and failed.

DoctorPALO 14

Wth do you act like somebody MADE you smoke because it was their birthday? They aren't a very good friend if they wouldn't understand you saying, "Pass, my job has random drug testing." Ohhhh, wait, that's just because you don't want to take responsibility for your own actions, right?