Leave me alone

By emoflowers - 10/04/2012 02:51 - United States - Amarillo

Today, my mother made me see the doctor to see if I had irritable bowel syndrome, on the account of how often I go to the restroom. I then had to admit I only go in there to get away from my family. My doctor thought it was hilarious. My mom didn't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 518
You deserved it 3 340

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bitch_pleez 10

Haha my little brother does sorta the same thing. He locks himself in the bathroom for a couple hours with a book multiple times a day.

Comments

hahaha, well now when you want to get away, you don't have to hide in the bathroom. since they know you don't like them.

I had a coworker that did that once. He confessed his secret to me. Everyone else still thought he just had bowel problems. Apparently, if you make sure to tell people that you're using the restroom 2-3x every shift, and you do it consistently, you get all the breaks you want because people are afraid to ask about your "issues."

KVKdragon 26

I'd suggest you stock up on snacks and water and live it up in your locked room. Then you can avoid your family for however long you like and your parents won't suspect that you have a medical condition (unless they're that paranoid or assumptive). Choose snacks that don't expire easily, like chips, cookies (when in sealed container), low carb crackers, etc. Good luck :/

I don't think your mom knows much about IBS.... For one, she'd have taken you to the ER for appendicitis like symptoms on probably more than one occasion. Two, it doesn't make you go all the time, most people with it suffer from constipation, but it doesn't affect your bowel movement habits. Three, IBS is really just a collection of symptoms that occurs for seemingly no reason that the doctors can't really do much about it. I have it, I've seen a TON of doctors for it. My regular doctor, e.r doctors, specialists, etc... Every single one said the same thing "we can't find a reason for your abdominal pain, it's definitely real pain, but nothing shows up for a cause. We're going to have you try this medicine, if it doesn't work, we'll try another, but there's nothing to guarantee relief." So needless to say, it's a really long ass process before they tell you it's IBS, not just one doctors visit.

Squeaky_Tomato 14

Even if OP shares a bedroom OP can still get away without using the bathroom all the time. OP could go for a walk, go to a park, go to the gym, or OP could just be honest and tell his/her family that he/she wants to be alone.

lol at least u didn't say "i only go in there to get away from my mom" and q the evil look from mom lol

Pancakemines 0

I go to the bathroom too but not to tap the sac or anything. Just to seriously get away from my family. They're just to much sometimes. I know how you feel OP.

I'm in there a lot too , it's the only place no one follows me , toilets rock :D My toilet is my outlet