Kinda sus

By Anonymous - 08/03/2017 09:00 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, the new security guard of my apartment building tackled me for "suspicious behavior" while I was taking a bag full of dirty kitty litter to the trash chute. He broke my arm and cause the trash bag to explode. When I got back from the hospital, I was fined for littering in the hallway. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 918
You deserved it 303

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fight it. Get a good lawyer that's willing to counter-sue (hell, you really should've sued first anyways).

Wow I'd be sending new guy the bill! What was he thinking?

Comments

You need to let the leasing office know that the guard tackled you and caused you to break the bag. He (or they) can also pay your medical bills. That's just appalling.

jcash52426 5

Sue his ass!!! He has no right to tackle you for throwing stuff in the garbage. He has no right to tackle you at all unless you are harming another person ( even then he shouldn't touch you, but then I would understand his actions).

shaddowpuppett 7
Bigdawg42 8

Idk but I think a security guard is supposed to confront the suspicious person not immediately tackle them

Boy there weren't kitten on you for getting a ticket.

I've worked security for over three years now, and I can tell you that that behavior is not of any policy that I know of. You should demand information for their DPSST certification (which literally anymore can ask to see it). If they don't have their certification on them, that's automatically another fine on top of the unwarranted and aggressive behavior. You CANNOT operate as security without that DPSST card. We can detain, but I'm sure that you did minimal "suspicious activity" as I also personally know that cat litter can be very heavy and awkward. I do agree with getting a lawyer. Best of luck to you!

Id be sueing their arse's! So ****** wrong!