Karma

By SoandSo - 12/01/2024 09:00 - United States

Today, ten years after getting my college girlfriend pregnant and leaving because I wasn't ready, I reached out to her and told her I'm ready to be a father. Apparently my son "already has a father in his life" and "doesn't need me." She laughed at me when I threatened to sue for custody, and hung up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 86
You deserved it 2 829

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP, sorry but you really are a jerk! You dodge the first years of your child's life without supporting it or their mother because you aren't "in the mood" to be a father. And then you come back 10 years later threatening to sue for custody! Try it - the only thing you will accomplish is paying the 10 years of child support you skipped and 8 more years of child support for the now and future. No sane judge is going to give you custody.

Comments

You had your chance to be a father. You missed it. Leave them alone.

schmoozeinc 2
schmoozeinc 2

Dude. She’s needs a tune up.

Andrea Remer 8

so you've been a dead beat for 10 years and expected a open door or invitation? that's laughable and that's trashy

He doesn’t need you, you ignorant turd. If you make an appearance now as father of the year and wanna be involved, you’re just gonna **** that kid up. 10 is a rough age dude. Kids are finding themselves. Who they become in life is happening right now. Kudos to the mom for protecting the son.

OK, I'm only doing this for your son. So, what you do is this: Ask her NICELY if you can be a part of her son's life in any shape or form. No threats, no being pushy, no standing on your rights because your sorry ass let her down when she needed you most (Sheesh!! How do you live with yourself?). Let her know that you will abide by whatever her decision is and then FOLLOW THROUGH ON THAT. So, if she says No then you walk away, OK? But, on the off chance that she says yes, have a conversation with her and her partner about rules and boundaries and then you RESPECT THOSE. This is the only way you can possibly salvage this with any respect from her.

you helped make this child and abandoned them both for 10 years! no. you don't get to be a part of either of their lives. you would not get custody. someone else was a bigger man than you and stepped up. and you don't even ask, you demand and threaten? too late buddy boy

You totally deserve it OP! You can't just pop into your child's life when you're "ready", that's so not fair. And to even say you want to sue for sole custody? HA! So laughable! No judge would even think to give you any rights other than all the child support you missed and will have to pay in the future. Good luck to you OP but wow, just wow.