Just eat it

By salt bomb - 02/03/2023 07:00 - United States

Today, I spent all day carefully preparing a wonderful homemade beef and vegetable stew from scratch. Close to dinner time, I tasted it and it was inedibly salty. Confused, my horrifically bratty stepdaughter then laughed and admitted she poured salt in it because it wasn’t what she wanted for dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 251
You deserved it 126

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like it is still for dinner. And lunch several times over. She made her bed now she needs to sleep in it.

I would have told her that she doesn't get to eat then.

Comments

I would have told her that she doesn't get to eat then.

No! That she gets to eat it and won’t have anything else till she ate it all! You don’t spoil food nor get what you want.

Sounds like it is still for dinner. And lunch several times over. She made her bed now she needs to sleep in it.

What a horrible kid, I can’t imagine there being a lot of love there. Way too much missing info here to figure out an appropriate action/reaction. I’m sorry for your loss. Honestly, I would go out to dinner and leave the brat there with her dad to figure out what was wrong with the situation. Maybe even stay gone longer.

I think dad is the cook so it's mom who needs to have a conversation with her brat.

You know, there are kids in Africa who haven't ever had a proper meal. Heck, there are probably kids in your city who would be extremely grateful for that meal. I think she needs to go volunteer at a homeless shelter for a bit. Oh, and 'bratty' is not the right word. I would say 'Selfish, entitled and spoiled' is more like it.

Not only should she volunteer, but she should eat what they're eating as well.

I hope your spouse backs you up on letting her shop for, prepare, and cook the family's meals for the next week. Sounds like she needs to learn to appreciate what goes into feeding the family. That being said, you might be able to savage this with a lot of potatoes. Maybe let it simmer in the crock pot overnight with two or three potatoes cut in half and have it for dinner tomorrow.

Plot twist- she ends up being a talented cook in the making and winds up enjoying it. This also gives her a sense of freedom, within bounds. Better than the "she doesn't get to eat" approach which will inevitably devolve into a no-win power struggle.

Call the cops to arrest her and have her charged with... ...wait on it... ...a-salt.

Let her choose - either she eats it, until it's all gone because you do not waste food, or she does the cooking for X amount of days (even purchasing ingredients if she's old enough/have a job). Your partner better have your back on this, or they're just as bad as your stepdaughter (in this instance).

ODBeefalo 10

I would have ordered pizza and enjoyed it while the kid ate the stew. order out/ make something awesome with no leftovers until they had eaten ALL the stew or done something to show actual remorse for their behavior. make sure at least once to order enough for them aswell and either give it away or find a way to go out of your way to deny them.

TomeDr 24

With the cost of food now a days, that stew will be her breakfast, lunch and dinners until gone.