Just checking

By whytoday - 21/05/2012 14:59

Today, I read an article on babies dying after being accidentally left in cars in the sun. On my lunch break, I decided to walk around the parking lot, checking to see that no kids were abandoned in cars. A guy gave me a smack for looking through his car window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 073
You deserved it 44 971

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It you SEE a baby in a car, call the police. Do not actively go in search of it. You are not a super hero, just annoying. I've read that people trapped in a fire can die; I do not go around looking for fires I can rescue people from. There are people who actually do that for a living. They are called "professionals".

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

And I could peek through random people's front windows to see if any little old ladies have "fallen and can't get up". One success would not make it the right thing to do.

I don't see a relation between a home and vehicle. You don't live in your car, it doesn't have privacy blinds. Yes, it's personal property but if your windows aren't tinted someone can see into your vehicle.

Probably because that story wouldn't be on FML , " today I found a baby in a broiling car; Twas' then my adrenalin kicked in, and I ripped the door off, extracted the baby, tracked down the baby's parent, and delivered the baby to them. FML"

So if you don't have blinds or tint on your home windows it's perfectly alright to go up and start snooping? And there are plenty of people who DO live in their vehicle.

What idiotic logic. You CAN see in so theres nothing wrong with it...right. So anything that isn't completely protected from any kind of unwanted intrusion or attack is an open target now...time to go kicking dogs at the local park because they aren't locked up and chained to a wall...

You know, babies can die by sleeping in the wrong position, too. Maybe you should sneak into peoples' homes and check up on that, too. Seriously though, your intentions were good but you were definitely overdoing it. Those cases get on the news because they are something special - you won't find dying babies in every parking lot. You should definitely do something if you happen to notice a kid in a hot car, but actively looking for them is a bit over the top.

Octwo 16

He was an ordinary guy, when one day he read a radioactive article on babies dying in cars. From that day forward he had been changed. He now had the power to save babies from parked cars! He roams the parking lots, saving the abandoned, with his great powers come great responsibility. Until one day he met his match...Ordinary Dude, with the powers of smacking people who creep car windows. The saga begins...

When ONE MAN takes the youth and future of humanity into his hands, scanning car after car, keeping the community safe from overheated babies.

Your explanation would have been more convincing if it hadn't been pissing with rain at the time OP!

TheEpicMilkMan 13

just cause you read an article about that doesn't mean you have to snoop around cars like a creeper YDI.

Although what you're doing is great, it's not your job to go creeping around peoples cars looking for their kids :L they probably have people monitoring the car parks in your area every so often already... But good for you.

Colonel_Lexi 18

Cut OP some slack, guys. His intentions were good, but his actions were irrational.

reddudeover 2

You're like the guy Will Smith smacked that tried to kiss him? Well deserved.

While your heart was in the right place, it's not your job to go search for babies trapped in cars. Stop trying to play superhero.