Job satisfaction

By Mark - 06/01/2010 02:06 - United States

Today, I started my new job as a janitor at a store. The first thing that happened when I came in was another employee telling me that there was vomit in the restroom, and that I had to clean it up. Not only did I clean up vomit, I had to clean up the poop that made the kid puke in the first place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 105
You deserved it 4 309

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah sucks, but what do you expect as a janitor?

yeah, it is kind of your job. if you don't want to clean, don't be a janitor?

Comments

Y'all, be nice. No one likes cleaning up bodily excretions, let alone doing it first day on the job. This is definitely an FML for that reason alone. Sorry, dude, that sucks. Hope things get better. Also, #21, not everyone has that sympathetic puke problem.

Oh no, you had to do your job? Your life is over... /sarcasm. YDI.

Thunderbender 2

Today, I went to work and had to do my ******* job?? FML???

weddingbelle 0

Dude, your a janitor, and it's your first day of work. New people are totally made to do the crappy (literally in this case) jobs. It's life. At least you have a job.

youre clearly retarded so let me explain. a janitor cleans things up. their responsibilities include making sure the building [or wherever they are assigned] is clean and presentable for the people that went on to graduate college and do something productive with their lives. yes it sucks that you had to clean up shit and puke on your first day, but if you dont like it then quit.

I agree that this is part of the OP's job, but you don't know that he isn't in school. Whether or not he is in school, this is a hard economy in which to find jobs (even if you have a degree), and he may not have the luxury of quitting this job. Besides, being a janitor is a perfectly productive, honest living. Somebody has to clean up. Do you look down on garbage collectors, as well? Remember the 1968 NYC Garbage Strike? Jobs like these are more important than many people like to give them credit for.

im not looking down on him, im just saying that if you are a janitor it is probably not because you WANTED to be a janitor. you either 1: didnt finish school/are in school and need the money. 2: just graduated and need the money. or 3: this economy sucks, you needed a paying job, it was seemingly the only one available. obviously people need to work in positions like this because thats the base of everything. people working in those offices sure as hell dont want to clean up the entire building. we need people to clean, to drive cabs/trains/subways/buses, etc. however complaining about something that is in your job description, something that actually IS your entire job, is silly.

So? You're the one who decided to get a job as a janitor. That's what comes with it. YDI.

I hope all the bitter commenters have to clean up shit as well, because I can't find any other explanation for the negative feelings. I feel sorry for OP and am very grateful in general to all the janitors who have to clean up disgusting mess

There's nothing bitter about pointing out that what he's complaining about is well within his job description. If anyone's bitter, it's the OP for being so outraged that someone dared to expect a janitor to do what janitors are paid to do.

Welcome to your nightmare job. As opposed to "dream". Sorry but u applied for it!

I'd say thats's the risk of being a janitor, not really a FML, unless you've dropped out of school to become a janitor, then it is a YDI for making a very poor career choice.