Jesus said go to sleep

By david99021 - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - Turkey - Ankara

Today, I told my mom I've been having sleep issues and asked if she could take me to the doctor. She told me I just needed to read the Bible more. Needless to say, I still can't sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 305
You deserved it 2 610

Top comments

Read the bible until you fall asleep from boredom.

Apparently she thinks you need Jesus... Although I don't think he will make you fall asleep

Comments

you took her advice and still can't sleep? or you just refuse to read it? either way, reading a book is a great way to relax before bed..try it! also take some time to go for a bath or do other relaxing activities before bed. avoid the tv, computer and phone or lots of physical activity like excersice, it will just stimulate you and keep you up. sweet dreams. ?

It depends on the person, reading or taking a bath or shower actually wakes me up

Yuck. Is she trying to give you nightmares?

bible: solving 0 problems since the beginning of time

That is messed up! Insomnia and mental illness and anxiety - some Christians think the Bible and prayer is all you need for these - these things need doctors. It is not unchristian to make use of people learned in the body and mind; it is not evil spirits and with these things prayer does not always help. I think it is dangerous if Christians always think that is the answer because sometimes you need professional, secular help and maybe THAT is God's way of answering prayer. PLEASE go to a doctor or at least a pharmacist - you might not need your Mum to come with you or maybe someone else could come. With insomnia prayer might help but it might not, and if not then you need to seek help from professionals.

People who say the Bible is boring though, some of it really is but some of it isn't - I think it depends on why you are reading it and which parts. There are loads of stories in it and some of it is very useful or helpful - others are literally lists :) But not all of it is boring - some of it is terrifying and some comforting.

solution to your problem: beat yourself bloody with the bible and ask for a doctor, when he's there, tell him your real issues :) you used the bible for something. what is it the bible says "god helps those who help themselves" ? or something along that line just say you got the inspiration from the bible and get rid of both issues at the same time :) good luck

Just to know, "God helps those that help themselves". Isn't from the Bible. It comes from Ben Franklin. You can thank him for daylights saving time too.

Give it a try! It will bore you to sleep, guaranteed!

My mom did the same thing before I was diagnosed with insomnia. Didn't work, but it definitely reaffirmed my agnosticism. The only thing that helped was medication. Keep trying to get to the doctor. Good luck, OP!

That's weird. Reading something that boring and full of crap should put you right to sleep

Iamthetrees 5

Muslims do this, but when it comes to depression:/