It's getting old, Nan

By sick of this shit - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - Canada - Kelowna

Today, my grandma got drunk, tried to change the TV channel with my Xbox controller, and slurred at me to fuck off when I told her it wasn't the remote. She pulls this kind of crap way too often. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 223
You deserved it 1 610

Top comments

Use the regular remote behind her back and randomly change the channel while she keeps trying to keep it on the one she wants.

To be fair my grandma would struggle with the remote situation sober...

Comments

Give her a bottle of water and tell her it's booze.

Use the regular remote behind her back and randomly change the channel while she keeps trying to keep it on the one she wants.

I think that she may be at the age where she no longer gives a damn. Go grandma!

To be fair my grandma would struggle with the remote situation sober...

You should really learn sentence structure, my friend.

As someone who used to have a drunk grandma (she's sober now), I feel your pain

wow! maybe get her some help OP, if she does this often then I would definitely tell whoever watches over her to do so.

SpartyOnWayne 18

At least it sounds like she'd be fun to hang out and have a drink with. Most grandparents are boring!

While a drunk/possibly alcoholic grandparent might not be "boring", there is nothing fun about that. Telling your grandchild to "**** off" also sounds like she could get borderline abusive when drunk. I'd give anything if my own abusive alcoholic grandfather was once again his "boring" self.

thaqueen_fml 15

Your grandma and I have a lot in common.