Imposter syndrome?

By Anonymous - 23/07/2022 16:00

Today, it's been half a year that I've been having panic attacks whenever I close my eyes and go to sleep. I wake up everyday feeling guilty for not starting my work ahead of time. All throughout the day, I try to keep on working until night, because whenever I try to sleep, take a break, listen to music, or watch a series, I feel guilty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 743
You deserved it 152

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouch. Therapy is a good start. Also, there are groups for workaholics that might be worth looking into.

I second what Mr Poopface said. Panic attacks and chronic guilt about work, especially if you are putting in full days of honest effort, are not healthy and should be addressed with professional help and support.

Comments

Ouch. Therapy is a good start. Also, there are groups for workaholics that might be worth looking into.

I second what Mr Poopface said. Panic attacks and chronic guilt about work, especially if you are putting in full days of honest effort, are not healthy and should be addressed with professional help and support.

you're trying to live to work. you need to work to live. I would def see a therapist to help you find your ways of balancing life. you're a product of today's work culture, this is what they create. work isn't your whole life, you need to learn how to turn it off after work hours

That level of anxiety is so hard to live with. If you have access to mental health care I would highly recommend therapy. You could also talk to your regular doctor about anti-anxiety medication. You don't have to live like this.

At least your boss likes that attitude. Not enough to give you a raise, of course, but they are happy you are giving 110%. Or, in your case 300+%.

justwanttobesocial...butalsonot 9

If you can, seek out a mental health professional. Burnout is real, and self care is important, but I understand all too well how hard it is to view taking breaks as a positive thing. If you do decide to find a therapist, here are some tips to help - When looking for a therapist, do your research just as when looking for a regular doctor. There's different modalities. To name a few that have pretty solid research behind them: -Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) -Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) -Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) -Emotion-Focused Therapy Remember that any therapist you find is working for *you*. You are allowed to ask for their qualifications, certifications, schooling, etc. You are allowed to tell them no. A very important question to ask them is if they *also* see a therapist. Any therapist that tells you they don't need their own therapist probably isn't a very good one.