I'll take it

By Not That Old - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I went to El Pollo Loco for the $10.00 special. I ordered from the pimple-faced kid at the register, pulled out two fives, and he said, "That'll be 9.70, I gave you the senior discount." I'm 10 years away from that. Thank you? FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 446
You deserved it 6 870

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lindsaysue 4

Take the discount and be happy about it! The poor kid didn't have to give it to you...

saved yourself 30 cents, 7 years ago that was five sticks of gum... be greatful

Comments

ItsApril 0

Apparently you are a immature and somewhat spiteful old woman if you have to make sure to point out the kid had pimples.

NUMBER 11 IS THE BEST . **** you op, no need to point out peoples flaws if you can't handle yours.

banana1227 0

your a freak and should stop posting I hate you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like when people use details sooooo suck it I hate you!!!!!!!!!!!! like if I was talking about you I would say some fat lard of a whale was posting on FML when they shouldn't I hate you!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf is wrong with u banana1227? calm down a bit and definitely use more exclamation points next time.

AllThatHit 7

yeah my question is that is pointing out the pimple part really necesary? whats the point

Calm your nuggets op, you just saved 30 cents...now take your old wrinkled self and gripe about how you could have filled your tank up with it "in the good ole' days".

MCVelvet1497 3

Exactly how my dad felt when his mother in law drove off a cliff in his new car.

Fx13mz 7

Totally worth the discount! El Pollo loco is great!

Wow. Way to be a bitch about it. He is just trying to help you out.

Well you didn't pull out enough money to pay for the meal without the discount, so maybe he just assumed you were a senior because you knew how much your meal would cost with your discount, and wanted to save you the trouble?

sorryforyou 0

dude it says "I pulled out two fives" just saying read carefully ( not to be rude )

in many places taxes are added to food. here it would have cost eleven bucks.

CatEyes66 0

Ya, it would of came out to be like $10.35 or something. Well, where I'm from anyways and why is OP complaining. You have to try and save as much money as you can these days.

Flutist 3

Your logic is flawed. "Two fives" is more than $9.70, genius.

The ten dollar meal will cost ten bucks plus tax, thus requiring more than ten dollars to pay for it. That's the entire point of my post, genius. In California sales tax is close to 10%, so the ten dollar meal will cost about eleven.

Cjmw 7

You saved money on your lunch. Yeah, I totally understand your pain.

sorryforyou 0

well you deserve it for pointing out he had pimples you may both be ugly on the outside but your ugly on the inside too and just be happy you saved money don't be rude because you look older then you really are

I'm sorry, I didn't know it was so ******* horrible to be offended that someone thought you were like 60 years old. just shut up and quit acting like she smacked the kid in the face. ffs.

that's some serious discount there, be happy