How peculiar

By Anonymous - 09/07/2023 06:00

Today, I turned up to unclog a customer's blocked sewer, and they were furious that I needed to use their water, like they thought I’d turn up with my own water for the whole job in a small transit van. They told me not to bother, unless I provided my own water. I wasted a day on these idiots. FML
I agree, your life sucks 938
You deserved it 88

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bill them for wasting your time. Consultation fee or the like.

How is that even a thing? You're there to fix the water system, you need water. Charge them for your time, including your transit time.

Comments

Bill them for wasting your time. Consultation fee or the like.

That's super fishy, but I can't think if anything illegal that you might discover by simply using water. Or maybe they're just on a very limited well water system.

How is that even a thing? You're there to fix the water system, you need water. Charge them for your time, including your transit time.

Well, tomorrow they still have to live with their stingy, stupid selves while you are on another job, making money and moving forward in life.

ODBeefalo 10

every plumber in my area charges $100-200 just to show up, and that is waived if they wind up doing enough work to cover it... but $200 show up fee and $100 in work, best believe they will charge the full $300. point is, have a show up fee for situations like this, then just work it out in the final bill.

You now have a new clause in your contracts.

Well, then they can just suffer in their own stinky filth.