HOAs suck

By really? - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I got a notice from the housing association, if I don't water my lawn I will be charged a $150 fine. Yet if I do water my lawn the city with charge me a $150 fine because of the drought. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 943
You deserved it 1 702

Top comments

Report the housing association to the city? They probably can't be telling people to do that right now.

Comments

I'm not sure how the housing association works, especially in the US, but is there a way to contact somebody (human that is, not a computer form ;) ) to let them know about the impossibility involved here? Perhaps the system is stuck on something automatic and they need to make an adjustment for this drought period. Best of luck, OP! Hope you don't get fined whatever you do, and if you do get fined, I hope that you can contest it :)

I bet the city doesn't take precedence a hoa can lien your property which is much worse then what the city can do. Just pint your grass green like everyone one else

Either way, you're out $150 dollars. Maybe they're conspiring!

myoukei 31

Easy. Hook up your grey water to irrigate your lawn. So long as you aren't dumping toxic chemicals down your kitchen sink it'll be fine. Bam, your lawn will be watered every time you shower. Also, soaps have nitrates which practically makes them fertilizer.

TheDream_fml 10

Just water it anyway. You have to pay anyways

your deserve it living in a place where they can tell you what you have to do to your house

ladyg228 15

Tell HOA they will need to pay for your 150 bill from the city before you water your lawn. This why I would never buy a property that has HOA. You have to spend hundreds of dollars a month so someone else can you what you can and cannot do on your property.

Woah where do you live that hoa is that much? Ours is like 160 a year lol.