Hello? Hello?

By Anonymous - 12/10/2010 05:16 - United States

Spicy
Today, I learned that my boyfriend has narcolepsy when we were having sex and he passed out on top of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 587
You deserved it 4 085

Same thing different taste

Top comments

clivealmighty 0

it's a disease where you just randomly pass out unconscious

Comments

ashleylee123 0

You sound like my friend she found out the same thing lol

WOW ...but was he inside of u when he passed out? cuz this would be a real fml

ummmm you are his girlfriend and you didnt know he had narcolepsy..? dont believe your fake story. sorry lol

What do you mean by fake? Are you knew to this??

Either this is a fake story, or you're a major ****.

lol funny!!!! but the sleep disorder part isn't, I'm sorry about that.

Erm...none of you know what narcolepsey is? Narcolepsey is a mild form of insomnia...meaning he does go to sleep at night but his sleep barely even reaches REM stage. If you do in fact have narcolepsey you MIGHT very rarely sleep during the day...but it isn't completely random to where you'll be having sex one second and pass out the next...it would be more of him sitting down for a minute and passing out. You fail for not knowing your facts.

No, you fail because you don't know your facts either. Narcolepsy can have symptoms of insomnia, but it's not a form of it, and it's definitely not mild. It's an autoimmune sleep disorder caused by a lack of hypocretin in the brain. It causes the inability to regulate sleep cycles which causes sleep attacks, these attacks are equivalent to how an epileptic has seizures. You can be awake one second and fully passed out by the next, it's completely random, uncontrollable, and unavoidable. This means falling asleep during sex can happen to narcoleptics quite easily if their disorder is severe or not controlled. REM is sporadic throughout the day with narcolepsy, rather than just at night, and you go into REM sleep immediately, instead of it being the last stage of the sleep cycle. This means narcoleptics get no "restful sleep," the sleep they do get is equivalent to a short nap even though they could be passed out for 8hrs+ sometimes. Due to this, most narcoleptics do sleep a lot in the day because they're body literally forces them into sleeping no matter how hard they fight it, and they don't get great sleep at night either. I know all this because I have this disorder, I live with it everyday and it is nothing like mild insomnia.

Unless yuh bored him into a sudden power nap

You slept with him before you knew he had that? Not sure if you are a little slutty or if he is just awesome at keeping secrets....

Lrigglez 7

I think next time u should be on top. That way u can keep going& not be suffacated.

Are you sure he just didn't have an ******?