Harsh

By blue - 25/08/2012 21:59 - United Kingdom - London

Today, my swimming coach made us swim fifty laps non-stop as punishment for his previous class being unable to swim a drill properly. They're 8-11 year olds who are still learning to swim. I feel like my arms and legs are filled with lead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 229
You deserved it 2 355

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KingCeltic77 18

What an ass. Either way he's the teacher, it's his fault they can't swim.

ciumegu 6

Look on the bright side at-least you are building some muscle

Comments

depends on the length of the swimming pool.

Dasturdly 0

Not to be an ass but 50 laps isn't that bad.

Shoot y'all got off easy! My coach would have made us run the school in our speedo's.

JuicyJoe97 0

That's not that much. Is on Lap 50 or 25 meters for you?

Wow I feel sorry for you and the kids, if your coach has such anger issue that he needs to take it on his students when something goes wrong. Kinda pathetic for a teacher...

afairshake 8

That's just not right he shouldn't be coaching. Sounds like a guy with anger issues probably going through a midlife crisis. Seriously I'd tell my parents and get them involved to try and stop his crazy behaviors. If it were my child I'd be all over that guy that's not ok.

Bmck112 4

Get parents involved for doing his job? Every decent parent I know would thank him for pushing their child to make themselves better.

afairshake 8

Sorry I disagree you think it's fair to punish a group of children for something another group of children did? That was also extreme so yes they should get involved. I'm guessing you don't have a child or maybe you'd understand protecting them more not to mention its not a teacher or coaches job to do that it's the responsibility of the parent/s.

8-11 year olds that still can't swim? Don't people give their kids swimming lessons when they're much younger? That or the coach expected too much from them.

This is a time at which you repeat the old mantra: "Just keep swimming." It becomes abuse when your coach starts bludgeoning you with an iron rod. More practice = better results!

If the previous class was 8-11 year olds, I presume that puts you in the 12+ age group. 50 laps is at most a 1250 if you're swimming short course, 2500 if you're swimming long course. Unless you don't swim regularly, that's not hard at all. I put in my years as an age group swimmer and am now a coach. Man up!