Hard no

By Anonymous - 18/05/2021 22:01

Today, not to be "that guy" but my wife quit her job from fear of COVID, we have no kids, so am I really unreasonable to expect that she might do SOME of the housework instead of none of it, and then asking me if I would mind doing the dishes and laundry as soon as I get home? FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 569
You deserved it 120

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Boyufd 24

no it's not. why should you be doing chores since she decided to quit her job?

bound101 7

Oh hell no, that kind of lopsided treatment will lead to resentment real quick.

Comments

Boyufd 24

no it's not. why should you be doing chores since she decided to quit her job?

bound101 7

Oh hell no, that kind of lopsided treatment will lead to resentment real quick.

Lydmyers 9

Asking her to do some of the housework is not unreasonable. she lives there too.

thatslifeiguess7 16

I have fibro and a bad back. I can't work however I at least do dishes and start dinner. Get out before you have kids

I mean if she isn't working she should use her free time to do housework. Just as if you weren't working. Christ some people are so selfish, sorry bud.

rotflqtms_ 21

She is taking advantage of you. She was home all day making a mess and expects you to do her dishes? heck nah. Now, if you both worked and she prepared dinner when she got home and the dishes were from that, it'd be fair to ask to do those dishes or share the chores, but other than that, you make a mess, you clean it up. Don't put dishes in the sink. Wash the stuff you use right away, end of story, full stop. Fold your clothes and put them away if she did your laundry, and she puts her stuff away. I'm not responsible for other people's clothes either unless I'm at home and have nothing else to do, unless it's a day off from work and I'm resting for another long stretch.

Maybe she is not well? Depressed? If so then she needs help. If she is fine but doesn't do anything then yes, she is taking advantage.

rotflqtms_ 21

He didn't mention being sick or depressed. only thing they said was to avoid covid.

Never Let Go 15

Sorry, OP. Unless she’s dealing with a mental illness such as depression, she should be taking care of ALL the housework while not working. Now, when she gets a job again, y’all should spilt it 50/50 unless one of you is working a lot more hours. Even then it should be spilt still. Try talking to her and see if she’s ok mentally. Could be something deeper going on.