Hanging on in quiet desperation

By Anonymous - 16/03/2023 16:00 - United States - Gilbert

Today, time is going by way too fast and I don't know what I'm even doing with my life anymore. I realized all I do is sit in bed all day and mope. I'm such a boring person. How did this happen? FML
I agree, your life sucks 466
You deserved it 525

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There are so many worthy causes that could use your help. So many less fortunate people and animals that need volunteers. Maybe start by walking around the block every day.

I ask myself that same question every day. I wish I had an answer for you, OP.

Comments

I ask myself that same question every day. I wish I had an answer for you, OP.

There are so many worthy causes that could use your help. So many less fortunate people and animals that need volunteers. Maybe start by walking around the block every day.

Join QAnon. They seem like a fun bunch. You can go hunt shape-shifting lizards who harvest children's blood. No qualifications required.

Frankly, I think you need to see a therapist. You might be clinically depressed. You might have learned helplessness. You might have a physical problem. Or you might possibly have some kind of other emotional or intellectual disability. My personal bet is on depression… Depression often makes people give up on life and it makes some other people cranky and “difficult”. I’m not a psychologist or anything like that, but I have dealt with my own depression on and off for significant parts of my life. Counseling can help, but it takes a while and you have to apply what you are taught. Medication can help in a shorter term, but every antidepressant has negative side effects and they increase as you dosage increases due to tolerance issues. Ideally in a serious case both medication and counseling is used - The medication helps more at first, and then the counseling eventually enables you to get off the medication. See your doctor and ask for a referral to a psychologist or psychiatrist or counselor or go directly to one of those. If you’re in school, your school counselor might be able to steer you in the right direction.