Hang in there

By Anonymous - 11/03/2010 06:45 - United States

Today, it's the third anniversary of when I started looking for a new job. I'm still working at the job that made me want to get a new one and I haven't even had an interview for another one in almost two years. My Master's degree on the wall is looking more and more like a roll of toilet paper. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 689
You deserved it 3 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In what field and where did you do your MS?

revel in the fact that you gave even have a job, others aren't so lucky. (not me of course, I got a career, lol)

Comments

Backspacer17 0

Yuor obviously not trying hard enough. It really doesnt take much to get an interview, just a handful of applications will do the trick. Either you have really bad luck or your not making getting a new job your first priority. Get off your ass and REALLY start trying. YDI.

boatkicker 4

Where do you live? I want to move there. I've had one interview over a year trying to find a job.

yes FYL, you have A JOB in the worst economy in over 20years. Unemployment is at almost 10percent in Arizona and your bitching about not being able to find ANOTHER JOB. You have one, STFU and be thankful. ASSHOLE.

TryToBeKind 0

Maybe your resume isn't written all that well? See if your college you gr aduated from is willing to help alumni find a job in their field. Help them figure out your strengths are for the type of job you want. What is it you don't like about your job? What are your strengths from your current job that you can apply and move front and center in your resume and cover letter? Someone ought to help with that - even your old school may know of career centers where you can go to to get that worked on. You can try local colleges if you are not living in or near your college town. You may have to put your resumes out there farther away from where you live. Ask if they're willing to have an online or telephone interview with you. Follow up your resume/cover letter with a phone call and/or letter asking about your resume. Go back to places you applied to years ago with a letter. Part of your problem may be that people like youy are holding onto jobs they don't like - and just might be holding onto the job you want, making it hard for you to get in. Best luck to you, keep breathing and keep trying.

zombiepenguins26 0

Ohhhh buddy, I feel your pain. It's been two years and no luck for me either.

ksas4you 0

I provide Federal Resumes and KSAS for clients seeking employment with the Federal Government I have extensive knowledge and experience from working within the Federal Government/Human Resources for over five years. I utilize my knowledge, skills, and abilities to provide to you a resume and KSA responses that will get your resume referred to the selecting official. What sets me apart from other Resume writers? 1. My Prices are extremely competitive 2. I have served in HR for over five years. 3. I have a degree in HR. 4. I have a 98% success rate from all of my clients. 5/I stay in constant contact with my clients through all stages of the services. If you would like some more information about my services, please contact me at [email protected]

nonamefornow 0

You should have gone to a school that actually taught you how to DO SOMETHING rather than wasting 12 years of your life to obtain a very, very expensive and ultimately useless, piece of paper to hang on your wall to prove to other people how smart you are.

Maybe you should inform yourself better before you insult someone #146. A Master's Degree is only 6 years of education, not 12. (no offense to you OP)

the toilet paper reference was a nice touch

masters degrees don't mean shit in the job world anymore. I have a higher paying job than my friend who went to school for a couple years to become an electrician. he still can't get a job in his field.

wow tht suxx, but hey, b thnkful u atleast have a job, most ppl have absolutely no job and cannot get hired anywhere (me :/ ) lol