Hang in there

By Anonymous - 11/03/2010 06:45 - United States

Today, it's the third anniversary of when I started looking for a new job. I'm still working at the job that made me want to get a new one and I haven't even had an interview for another one in almost two years. My Master's degree on the wall is looking more and more like a roll of toilet paper. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 689
You deserved it 3 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In what field and where did you do your MS?

revel in the fact that you gave even have a job, others aren't so lucky. (not me of course, I got a career, lol)

Comments

sportygal85 0

I feel your pain. Today marks my one year anniversary for looking for a job. Granted I only have a Bachelor of Arts and not a Master's, but still. I hate my job too.

mr_miyagi 0

maybe thats cause theres shit all over it

You are stuck in a rut, and like a stuck car, you need to pull yourself out, or have someone do it for you. The problem isn't your degree. Or you job. the problem is your attitude. It can be very hard for some people to make changes in their life. You are clearly one of those people. The posting, the prose, and the language you've used in it show clear signs of depression. Employers are good at picking these sorts of personal problems up. The general rule is do not hire someone that is depressed, they aren't good workers. So, you need to deal with that, improve your outlook and find a way to move past the place your headspace is in right now. People who are happy stay happy, it's not a destination, its a way of travelling. A positive outlook (and attitude) is obvious, attractive, and infectious. When you get to that place you life WILL turn around. If your not getting interviews, the problem is with the presentation of your C.V. In two years you haven't managed to get results. So now it's time to get a professional to go over it. Pay the money, get professional job interview and CV couching .. it works. Get the couching in interview skills. You have a degree, it doesnt make you a master in selling yourself. Stop looking for work for now. Until you resolve the issue around you CV and personality your doing more damage to your job prospects then good. Do another qualitifcation specific to the field of work that your going into, something like a one year course. Oh and, .. can I suggest that you re-consider you appearance and clothing, .. clearly you need a fresh you.

I know what you mean bud, I got a bachelors in accounting from a university and either I'm over qualified or don't have the experience needed. But how are you supposed to get experience when they won't offer you a damn job

Stfu - you're working, aren't you?!

This...is my life. I might as well have written this post. Maybe I did and don't remember?

Two years and you haven't had even an interview. You are lazy or full of shit. I could see that it may be difficult to get a job but you are doing something wrong if you have a college degree, are working so have a work history and no one will even interview you. You need to reexamine yourself

I have to agree. My little brother barely has a GED... has a minor incident on his criminal record and he's at least been getting a bunch of interviews. After two years if the OP has only gotten 1 interview... he's doing something wrong

Since OP has said that the Masters degree seems to be worth toilet paper now it would suggest that they work in an unrelated feild. You could work for 20 years at a job but if the job requires 2 years experiance then it doesn't matter that you have worked for 20 years in another feild.

Welcome to the 21st century... -_-; Just keep trying, and figure out what is going wrong with your resume and in your interviews. Unless your degree was in underwater basket weaving, you should have gotten *something* by now, even if it wasn't ideal. Have to settle for second-best these days...

Who the heck are these people who think they are superior enough to tell someone to "stfu" because they admit they dislike their job and want a new one? It makes me want to say "stfu because you're pompous and rude." I guess that would defeat the purpose of being upset because people are being jerks. Getting your Master's Degree is not easy work. Getting your Bachelor's Degree is not easy either. Finding a job is definitely hard these days. Finding people who either need to sew their mouths shut or stick their head somewhere I will not mention is far too easy. I say we get rid of those people and take their jobs.

at least you have a job! the unemployment rate is at 12% right now! I'm sure someone else would be happy to have your job...be thankful!

Are you refering to nationally or in your state because nationally it peaked at 10.7% and is somewhere around 9.5% currently. Still shitty though.