Handy

By screwed - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was teaching a woodshop class. We were using power tools, including drills, and pieces of pine wood. While helping a kid to hold a piece to practice drilling, he went too far forward with the drill. It went through my hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 219
You deserved it 12 211

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess wood and penetration aren't always a good thing.

u know, there are safety rules to avoid such things, haven't u learnt from ned's declassified school survival guide lol

Comments

Then this must have been a bitch to type then.

Good thing you don't teach Sex Ed! If you think those teenage boys like to drill pine wood, wait 'til you see what they would do to an unsuspecting hole!

stanzskin 0

Damn Plexico, you're funny as hell. Are you a stand-up philosopher?

you do NOT need to be a teacher if you can't practice safety.

Haha, modern day version of being resurrected... hope you're okk!

Ouch, that's got to hurt, but don't you think that if you held the piece of wood a different way? I mean if you held it that way, something was bound to happen. You should've been more careful. Tsk tsk.

YDI for not using a clamp. How are you even typing this??

fringle 0

I really don't understand why there are woodshop classes.

so that people can learn a useful skill at school for a change

Serves you right for not being more careful, and observes worksafe practices. What were you doing holding the wood in such a way the kid could 'drill too far' and get your hand? Thats not a FML (unless you are FMLing because you're retarded then i agree)

considering I know nothing about wood shop I'm just gonna say "ouch!!!"