Handy

By screwed - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was teaching a woodshop class. We were using power tools, including drills, and pieces of pine wood. While helping a kid to hold a piece to practice drilling, he went too far forward with the drill. It went through my hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 219
You deserved it 12 211

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess wood and penetration aren't always a good thing.

u know, there are safety rules to avoid such things, haven't u learnt from ned's declassified school survival guide lol

Comments

You are an idiot if you were really a teacher you would know you aren't supposed to use wood with your hands when drilling you are supposed to clamp it! so this is obviously fake!

samhat 0

Youre an idiot for thinking you know everything about woodshop. Sometimes it is necessary to brace it with your hands, depending on what you are drilling, the size, the angle, etc. clamps arent the only way to do things. And accidents happen.

Fyl because you are such a moron. Looks like you are the one who needs to be back on school.

Ehh... This makes my hand hurt. At least you didn't plain two of your fingers off like my grandfather. That thing chewed them up and splattered them all over the walls.

Brooklynxman 0

Now you can be the shop teacher on Ned's declassified

You shoulda known better than to hold that block of wood where it could go through your hand. Come-on. Safety First.

dfoerra 0

UGH, it's kind of annoying when obviously fake posts make it through. Really? You had a drill go through your hand and ran right to a keyboard to type out a FML? Drills go up and down, how does he "go too far"? Was your hand sandwiched between two pieces of wood?

UGH, it's kind of annoying when people call fake without thinking. Really? You haven't noticed that all FMLs start with "today" and probably did not actually happen that day? Plus, if it did, he's probably at home recovering and has nothing better to do; it says "today," not "two minutes ago." There are actually some drills that you can hold in your hand - I don't know if you've seen them, but they're pretty cool, especially because you can make them go other directions than up and down! The kid could have been drilling sideways, with the teacher's hand behind the wood - which is of course a stupid place to have your hand, so YDI, but it is plausible.

HAH your_face you said exactly what I was thinking. Way to be an idiot dfoerra

xxgrand 0

Dude, agreed. Fake. If I got drilled through the hand, I doubt FML would even be on my mind. I certainly wouldn't post about it the same day, let alone "two minutes" after. I understand accidents happen, but there is no way someone could be holding a piece of wood and a kid totally disregards your hand and drills into it, even if he was drilling some other way besides "up and down".

OBVIOUSLY today's date is irrelevant to when it actually happened. Posting "Today," beforehand and "FML" afterward is MANDATORY. I'm sobbing for the pain your brain must be suffering through, dfoerra.

I'm weeping for the futility of human kind, due to some of the comments and well, having a nail drilled into your hand. COME ON. I'll say it again, most people have two hands. EVEN on the off chance he did post it today, moronns.

If it had been a saw then yes it would have bitten as they have teeth while a drill does not. ;)

As a woodshop instructor, you had the duty to practice safety measures that would prevent that from happening. YDI.