Hair care

By hairball - 22/04/2009 00:12 - United States

Today, my shower is being renovated so I washed my hair in the kitchen sink. I put my two year-old son on the counter next to me so I could keep him close. As I was rinsing out my hair, my son started playing with the light switches. He flicked the garbage disposal by accident. FML
I agree, your life sucks 73 811
You deserved it 28 674

Same thing different taste

Top comments

5bye7 0

ok well it probably scared you, but im sure your hair wasn't down the drain.

Arlitto 0

Murphy's law: It hit you where it hurt.

Comments

cheese1756 0

Oh well, it could have been worse. He could have fallen in.

BBP_fml 0

YDI, leaving your two-year old on the counter was dangerous in the first place, your son could easily have fallen off. Parenting Fail.

secretsxsecrets 0

OMG what happened after that?

... people who are freaking out about her putting the kid on the counter need to stfu already. by the time i was two years old i knew how to climb on the counter myself - i don't know how old you people are, but really, children aren't like "delicate flowers," and if you're going to spend years raising one, it's not going to be "strapped in" to a playpen, chair, or held tight to your bosom every second of every day. i sincerely doubt if this child was of average intelligence that at age two it wouldn't have developed the "don't jump off of high things" instinct. jesus christ, you people criticize just to see your own damn comment on the screen. get off your high horse.

i agree with #77 i'm pretty sure that none of you, of those who are parents, think of every possible dangerous situation that could happen to your child. she made a mistake...she doesn't need 200 comments telling her.

may_cause_fail 0

That right there is my worst nightmare. D: I'm always afraid of the garbage disposal coming on while I'm using the sink. But I guess at least you weren't hurt? Also, anyone who says the kid shouldn't have been on the counter, shut up. By the time a kid is two, they can probably climb on the counter without help, and could easily get into a worse situation without a parent watching.

So?... You're washing your hair in the sink, and your son turns on the garbage disposal...did your hair get caught down the drain? did old food splash up in your face? or did you just hear the garbage disposal turn on and say to yourself "OMG I'm gonna post this on FML"?. I don't really see what's so bad about the garbage disposal being on while you're rinsing your hair unless it was actually down the drain, in which case YDI for not knowing how to wash your hair...

may_cause_fail 0

Oh and 68, since when is your hair getting cut off or tangled in a drain hospital-worthy? Or can you not read? And your hair's going to go into the drain if it's more than a few inches long, especially if you have your head right under the faucet. It's almost as if no one has ever seen a sink before...

awwww poor mum!!! i feel for you! the one time you do something for yourself and it bites you!! thats why i'm close to my neighbors though! =)