By Ndanick1193 - 17/10/2009 02:38 - United States

Today, I found out that if you let your son install a new shower head, he won't tighten it properly. So when you turn the shower on, it will shoot out at rocket speed, hitting you in the face. Then when you grab the shower handle to prevent yourself falling backwards, you will just rip that out and hit your head again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 308
You deserved it 5 308

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bruce9707 0

Who turns on the water when they're already in the shower?

I don't know about you, but my shower starts freezing cold. I always turn it on and let it warm up for about 30 seconds before I jump in.

Comments

evangldbrg 0

I'M REPAIR-MAN-MAN-MAN-MAN-MAN...huhuhehehoo

Ajjas013 6

Yes it did OP. I hope you learn to test things next time.

Josher47 0

YDI for complaining about free work. DIY next time.

realggirl 0

OMG, YTDI. 1. You *let* your son do free labor for you? Gee, how nice of you! 2. You didn't TEST it? I always turn on the shower before stepping in. Why would you not test it first, especially if it were a new shower head? YDI.

randomdude1234 0

Dude, the way you wrote this story pisses me off.

Next time, turn it on after he installs it. Not when you decide to take a shower.

at least it was the shower head that unexpectedly shot something at your face, as opposed to his ********.

how the hell do you rip out the shower handle? :S

He probably meant the handle on the inside of the door to the shower, not a handicap accessibility handle INSIDE the shower.

but if not, mabey he is to fat, jks jks :P

still not sure how that can get ripped out

Bruce9707 0

Who turns on the water when they're already in the shower?

I turn on the shower when i get in *shrugs*

I don't know about you, but my shower starts freezing cold. I always turn it on and let it warm up for about 30 seconds before I jump in.

you make it seem like it's a totally unacceptable thing to do. I just aim the shower head away from me for a few seconds until the waters warm.

HAHAHAHA IM SORRY BUT THAT WAS FUNNY AS HELL!!!

M13LO 0

don't let him touch your man spot

LMAO UR SON IS A LEGEND !!! but sorry if you got hurt :D

bugmenotmofo 34

Shower heads screw on, if not properly tightened and sealed with teflon tape or another sealer water will be forced through the threading and spray out the back. The shower head would NOT be rocket propelled off. In my experience this is clearly fake.

JustAReaderOfFml 4

Yeah, you'd think that the water would just spray in all directions rather than the whole showerhead being propelled off. And i speak from experience, because i have had to replace showerheads a lot... But then again, who knows? I like to think this is true, because it is a rather hilarious, if painful, FML...

Dazzling_African 0

I...from experince... had this actually happen to me. BUT it didn't hit me in the face. I was outside of the shower when I turned the water on. It is very possible for the shower head to propell off like this.

I dissagree wat if he has a different type of shower head to you :P

_theman_ 0

actually my sister had the same thing happen, but not only did the shower head shoot off, so did the handle and the water wouldnt turn off, nearly flooded the bathroom.

I've had this happen to me personally, it is possible.