Gumbo time

By Anonymous - 30/06/2022 18:00

Today, I cooked for the future in-laws and was accused of trying to poison them. Absolutely no one told me, even as they watched me cook shrimp and smoked sausage gumbo, that my mother-in-law is deathly allergic to shellfish and my father-in-law gets severe diarrhoea when he eats pork. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 019
You deserved it 102

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Definitely something you think your partner would have mentioned…

I don't think it was your fault. You gave them every chance to say something and they ate it off the plate when it was presented to them.

Comments

Definitely something you think your partner would have mentioned…

Everyone sucks here. If you have an allergy, you NEED to tell people who are cooking for you. Likewise, if you're cooking for someone you've not cooked for before, you NEED to ask them if they have allergies. Both parties should have brought up the topic themselves, willingly. Not to mention how ****** rude it was of OP's partner to not even mention it. Hell, if even one side of this had followed this rule, it wouldn't have happened. Sucks that people are accusing OP of doing it on purpose though.

I don't think it was your fault. You gave them every chance to say something and they ate it off the plate when it was presented to them.

Dump her! For genetic reasons. Your offspring will likely be constrained to eating plain mush and you'll never get to eat anything tasty again!