Grand Old Irony

By Anonymous - 27/03/2020 02:12

Today, I asked my 'friend with benefits' if she'd consider actually dating me regularly. She said yes, but only if I joined the Republican Party, because she "would never date anyone who didn't fight for morality." FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 020
You deserved it 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Really? Many constituencies in the GOP would not consider being an FWB is moral. Lots of them are hypocrites anyways.

Comments

Really? Many constituencies in the GOP would not consider being an FWB is moral. Lots of them are hypocrites anyways.

Kristoffer 35

You know your girlfriend cannot spy you in the voting booth, right? You could date her and be the only Republican to vote like a Democrat.

It's nice of her to be open upfront that this is a deal breaker. Much better than letting you into a relationship and then nagging you or being passive aggressive about it.

Matthew Irmen 11

If you don’t think it’s a good idea then walk away because the arguments down the road will be awful. If she wants you to do it because of morality she is already a lost cause

bl3ur0z3 17

It's ok, I couldn't date a Republican because I can't stand hypocrites who feel morals only apply to other people.

This has got to be a troll...Republicans, moral 🤣🤣🤣🤣 they’re the party that mostly advocates for eliminating abortions. When asked how they plan to help prevent pregnancy or support expectant mothers, they don’t advocate for free access to birth control, comprehensive sex education, or social programs to help the poor, thus putting expectant mothers in a difficult place during pregnancy: either hope they have a strong support system to help with baby or suffer nine long months of pregnancy and give your baby away to someone you barely know.

julfunky 29

What’s the point in this abortion tangent? We are all well aware where Republicans stand. And no, not a troll. It sounds exactly right. People who spout off about morals seem to do so in the most immoral way possible.

Morality??? The Republican Party??? 🤣

Tell them that your union will supply the benefits, henceforth

WistayShlaio82 13

The fact that your fwb already knows what side you’re on makes me believe you two have been making moves to be in a relationship for a while now