Pspspspspsps

By imalosertho - 11/06/2014 01:01 - Canada - Truro

Today, I was really hungry at work, and my stomach growled loudly. One of my co-workers heard it and thought it was a cat. Ashamed, I played dumb and we ended up spending twenty minutes looking for a cat that I knew didn't exist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 010
You deserved it 19 445

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you'll just be more honest from meow on.

I don't see why you'd be embarrassed about your stomach growling. You're only human afterall.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Really? Can you say that at one point in your life you spent 20 minutes looking for a non-existant cat?

I didn't mean the cat part. I meant the part about being ashamed of the sound your stomach makes when you're hungry.

askullnamedbilly 33

Nope, I blame her. If you're that ashamed of your bodily functions, you deserve to waste 20 minutes of your life. Everybody gets hungry, everybody's stomach makes noises sometimes. Why on earth would you get involved in such a stupid cover-up?

#28, seems a little harsh. I'm sure OP isn't the only person to be ashamed of something like this in a quiet setting, it could be embarrassing for anyone. I know it's happened to me in a quiet lecture hall before and it was pretty embarrassing

Through all this I'm just thinkin they got a 20 min break from work....

countryrose92 23

True, they got a 20 minute break from work, but op shouldn't be ashamed of being hungry. They should of just said "no, no cat, I'm just super hungry" pretty simple, and not a waste of time.

I mean hey, OP committed to that story. kudos.

If I were OP I would have said it was me because that's an extra 20 minutes of being hungry!

My coworker did something similar to this. But he was making cat noises, and a kid ask if there was a cat in the bathroom. So they went looking for it, and he told the kid it went through the wall. The kid ended up telling his mom what happen... Pretty sure he is going to end up with a restraining order.

B1ackthesun 31

Restraining order #83? Sounds like they probably belong on a sex offenders list to me. Maybe I'm over reacting, but that story made me very uneasy.

^ the two of you need to take a seat. He should have his life ruined and be labelled as a sex offender because he played a prank on a child? Ookay then. That's not an overreaction at all.

I guess you guys totally did not catch the entire story, but that's okay.

I hope you'll just be more honest from meow on.

Yeah, looking for the 'cat' was pretty much a lost claws.

Redoxx_fml 22

What a purrfect waste of 20 mins

Who are you guys kitten? I see muffin wrong at all.

I will try not to furrrget all of your helpful advice if this happens again.

euphoricness 28

Maybe your coworker has something for you to eat

The look in co-worker's face if OP says the truth later...

@2 well played. Anyhow just be honest about it. Nothing to be embarrassed about. A matter of fact you and your coworker will have a fun story between you 2.

Have you heard of the reply button before? It comes in handy sometimes.

It was a mistake on my part. Satisfied now?

akell3 12

why is your comment buried?

Instead of looking for it, you should have asked him to have a lunch together lol

What I want to know is how being hungry is shameful. Everyone gets hungry, it's not even embarrassing...

meganlovestea 15

It's more the noise that's embarrassing, rather than the hunger

I don't see why you'd be embarrassed about your stomach growling. You're only human afterall.

You shouldn't have been ashamed about it. You were hungry.

turtles4life 24

My stomach used to growl REALLY loud when I was in school and it was so embarrassing. But now I just don't really care anymore, I just say something like, " Woah that was my stomach!" And just make a joke out of it.