Got away with it, surely?

By Cinnanyan - 02/06/2016 10:20 - Philippines - Quezon City

Today, due to me not looking, I accidentally bit an apple made of styrofoam that was meant to be a part of a display on the kitchen table. My roommates were there and me not wanting to embarrass myself by putting it back, I walked out, apple in hand, to throw it away elsewhere. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 767
You deserved it 2 613

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As someone who is prone to falling, bumping into things, forgetting to open my mouth when I'm drying to drink and other embarrassing things, I have some advice. Just be the first to laugh at yourself. Be self deprecating and people will not make fun of you! A friend actually told me how well I handled those kind of things recently. So really trust me when I say you don't have to pretend nothing happened. Laugh and everything will be fine!

Comments

jentrynicole 20

I think your roommates are going to notice your kitchen decoration missing.

Hello! It is I, the OP. Honestly, I don't even care that I was an absent-minded idiot. I'm just so happy my FML got posted. Next time I'll be sure to check first if it's a real apple before biting into it!

As someone who is prone to falling, bumping into things, forgetting to open my mouth when I'm drying to drink and other embarrassing things, I have some advice. Just be the first to laugh at yourself. Be self deprecating and people will not make fun of you! A friend actually told me how well I handled those kind of things recently. So really trust me when I say you don't have to pretend nothing happened. Laugh and everything will be fine!

Wouldn't you feel the weight and texture difference though??????

Oh boy, that's a whole lot of question marks.

A lot of styrofoam fruits/decorations like that have a weight of some kind in them so they won't get knocked off the table or be as light as plain styrofoam.

Aaaaaand your life sucks because of that? Wow. I'd like to trade lifes.

How did your roommates not notice? Don't they know the fruit is fake if they live there too??

Hey, kudos for managing to play it cool.

Well did you get a bite out of it? If so I think they would have noticed

The real question is: did you have to pretend to swallow that bite too?

Has anyone ever read Flowers for Algernon?

I believe I read that story when I was in Jr high and it's always been one of my favorites.