Good spirited

By Elle - 28/12/2022 04:00 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, it was a normal day working as a medical receptionist, until I told a wheelchair-bound patient to “take a seat” out of habit. She responded with, “I brought my own!” I have never felt more embarrassed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 856
You deserved it 292

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like shes got a great sense of humor, especially for the hand she's been dealt

It happens. She took it well. She's probably heard that a million times before, and was ready with a witty response. Don't feel bad about it. Just smile and respect the lady for her cool attitude :)

Comments

Sounds like shes got a great sense of humor, especially for the hand she's been dealt

It happens. She took it well. She's probably heard that a million times before, and was ready with a witty response. Don't feel bad about it. Just smile and respect the lady for her cool attitude :)

Unless you specifically meant it to be a Duck Move, she was almost certainly not insulted lmao.

Auto-filter is a harsh mistress so sometimes I go with the funniest option. :p

Are you referring to my cousin, MallardPencil?

You should have said, "That's wheelie funny."

ODBeefalo 10

I think most people understand that receptionists in busy places don't pay attention to what someone looks like most of the time. I know all they see is a shape in front of them while they fire through the dozens or even hundreds of files on the list on screen. Static routines help efficiency, which in this case is needed to keep people getting seen by doctors quickly. I wouldn't feel to bad about it mistakes happen more often the faster you need to go.