Good question

By lady parts - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Lake Bluff

Today, I was being interviewed for a grant over the phone. When asked why I wanted to go to school to be an OB nursing assistant, I panicked and yelled, "BECAUSE VAGINAS ARE FASCINATING!" into the receiver. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 070
You deserved it 14 242

Top comments

why would You Even do that? Even if you panicked you should be able to control yourself enough to not say stuff like that. you need to practice on that shit

Comments

They really are though... So obviously you got the grant :P

That's what every straight guy on earth has been saying for centuries.

I favourited this for the hilarious mental image you gave me, OP. So some good came out of this encounter. Also to everyone saying "wow OP, you need to do blah de blah and practice more", OP obviously knows this, otherwise it wouldn't have been submitted as an FML.

its okay op if people didn't think vaginas were fascinating then we wouldn't have ob Dr and assistance

Well you're not lying. Hope it worked out for you.

You dun goofed. I hope they understood you were nervous. Good luck with the application.

I really wish your sex was given...but if a follow up comes we may know... Did you get the grant?

ajs1987 15

At least you didn't lie during the interview

Axel5238 29

The level of anxiety by some of the recent posts is incredible. Do really think an employer is going to hire someone who giggles uncontrollably or blurts out stuff out of nerves? Most would take that as a sign of not just nerves, but not being able to handle stress in general.

Agreed. I know we all feel bad for people with anxiety issues and nervousness, but I don't understand those that think the boss is rude or expect the boss to give them the job anyways. No boss is going to want to hire someone (especially in customer service) if they have trouble communicating or freak out just one on one in an interview. They are immediately going to assume that the person cannot handle stress well and will not be able to work well with others or under any sort of stress or time crunch.