Give it back

By aliixmaee - 09/08/2011 14:50 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of 4 years broke up with me. She took everything, including the kidney I gave her a year ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 025
You deserved it 6 388

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can remind her that there will always be a piece of you inside her.

Comments

How exactly would she give that back?

GogoTheGreat 12

That sucks but it's not like she could give the kidney back.

So what...? You shouldn't expect her to be with you forever because you gave her a kidney. It's not like you needed both and it sounds like you only do kind things because you expect something in return. That isn't genuine at all..

MattieJHamilton 1

This is why I didn't let my boyfriend donate a kidney to me when I needed one. >.>

yupishi 2

It sounds like she probably broke up with her because every time you wanted something or had an argument you guilt tripped her about the kidney. I thought for most people giving someone an organ was a selfless act, not something which you do to gain control over someone.

Well do you expect her just to give it back?! Its in her!

Well she can hardly give it back can she?!?!?

lyndz_20 8

can't believe everyone's attacking the poor girl when you don't even know why they broke up.what idiots!can't believe everyone's attacking the poor girl when you don't even know why they broke up.what idiots!

it was a beautiful thing to do.. But YDI for wanting her to stay in a relationship where she's not really happy

So what was she supposed to do? Rip her body open and remove your kidney? Or maybe you expected her to spend the rest of her life with you no matter what, just because you gave her a kidney...OP, I'm sorry you've been dumped, but you sound a bit like a jerk in this FML. If the relationship didn't work for her any longer, she had every right to end it. Besides, it's not like she seduced you only to get the kidney and then dumped you. The relationship lasted 4 years, which means you were both committed and did your best to make it work. In the end it didn't, but that doesn't mean you should regret donating your kidney. After all, to donate basically means not to expect anything in return.