GHOSTS!

By fml_anon - 19/03/2016 08:33 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I had to spend a depressingly long time convincing my 29-year-old husband that our house isn't haunted and that the door slammed shut because it was windy outside. I repeat, "29-year-old husband" and "haunted". It's like I'm married to a child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 114
You deserved it 4 255

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You could have just gone along with it and made him even more scared

To be fair, that's also what they blame it on in scary movies.

Comments

To be fair, some things just tend to bring out 'primal fear' that's still pretty much ingrained in humans. I don't believe in ghosts or anything supernatural either, but I still get creeped out every now and then, even though I know my reaction's irrational (that's the problem with fear, rational thoughts don't do anything about it.) So while it is sort of ridiculous from a logical point of view, I really don't see how this makes someone a "child"... just human.

No it may seem ridiculous but some ( like me ) believe in spirits, so don't bag your husband for believing something you deem as ridiculous.

TomeDr 24

My ex's new wife is convinced that his house is haunted. I lived there for 5 years before the divorce and used to do my sewing in that basement in the evenings. But she refuses to go down there after dark! XD

TomeDr 24

Why the down vote? I didn't say I don't believe her. My daughters also think it's haunted. I just think she's a wuss for being afraid of the basement in the dark. Nothing's going to HURT her or anything!

You Should See The Hauntings In Our House, Verified Real.

I'd find out one of your fears make you scared to death break up with you and publicly humiliate you.

Call Sam and dean they will get rid of any ghosts.

Baron_Kaz 15

What if it is? Men put up all the BS from women, but if a man has a quirk he is a "child"? Then divorce him and be a single fattie trying to pick up youngsters with free drinks in college bars !

Mate, I stand by your point about bagging her husband but the rest is to far.

Your house may not be haunted but I've experienced ghosts first hand. Our fire station is haunted and my experiences are not unique; almost everyone else who works there has had some sort of encounter.

JMichael 25

It's occasiona like this I keep rock salt handy.

RainbowLuhv17 8

Everyone has their own beliefs people quit getting your panties in a wad. No you may not believe in paranormal stuff but that doesn't mean cut down the people who do,because the people who do probably have experienced paranormal activity. Come talk to me in my messages and I'll tell you everything about some stuff that you all call bogus.