Get out there!

By Anonymous - 16/07/2018 19:00

Today, I told my unemployed boyfriend to pick a town anywhere in the country that he thinks he can find work in. I offered to find myself a job there, find a flat, and pay for rent, bills, and food while he looks. He said I was selfish for wanting him to hurry up. It's been three years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 477
You deserved it 1 352

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You've been more than reasonable. If you are at the point where you think this is FMLable you really need to decide if it is worth staying with him.

Comments

its hard when you love someone to finally call it quits. took me 2-3 years with my ex. wish i had done it sooner

its hard when you love someone to finally call it quits. took me 2-3 years with my ex. wish i had done it sooner

You've been more than reasonable. If you are at the point where you think this is FMLable you really need to decide if it is worth staying with him.

Is he going even looking? You can't help him if he won't help himself, and handling everything yourself only enables him. If he's not ready job (barring disabilities, which I'm doubting he has) he's not ready for any sort of commitment.

Do you want to waste three more years of your life? Let him go live with his mommy because that's what he seems to want to do. Get out.

commandpriority 5

I created an account here specifically to recommend to you that you dump his lazy ass and move on.

YDI for staying with this lazy jerk for so long and not sticking up for yourself.

and the reason hes not the "ex-boyfriend " is? sounds like it's more on you for staying

chris_lillo 15

There is a time OP when you realize as much as try and care for someone you can't help them. I believe this is that time for you. Staying with him will only bring you down and ruin your own life.

Mungolikecandy 19

Take it as a wake-up call. You believe you can get a job in a different town straight off but obviously believe he does not want actually want one (even if you are fooling yourself that he is does want one).

really good point, why can OP get a job straight away in a new town but bylf can't? even if he wants to be specific he could get one to tide them over maybe.

Dump him - He is a worthless man-child if he cannot find a job anywhere in 3 years. He will never be a real partner. You may have to evict him since he’s been living with you for so long, if he is on the lease, if you cannot get him to leave. That will be ugly, but 3 years of supporting a loafer is no picnic either.