Get on with it

By Anonymous - 03/11/2014 18:03 - Poland - Warsaw

Today, I told my boss I'm going to quit, after months of being abused, doing meaningless work, and working late every day. I was soon given so many new projects that I didn't even have time to write my resignation letter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 846
You deserved it 5 908

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just don't do them if you are going to quit than why bother.

If you're going to quit, write the letter and quit. If you do the work it'll be for no reason.

Comments

Violord 13

This sounds like my marching band career right now

ostfaiz 18

Spare some time and write it immediately Op this job is not meant for you, there is no way you should continue meaningless work or lare sitting!

brendejafulable 41

You sound like a push-over to me.

Just don't do the projects, let whatever company it is fail

josiemorehouse 12

Enter a formal letter of resignation with HR. It takes 5 minutes to type up, print and sign. To hell with the projects, this should take higher precedence, OP. Grow a set and get that resignation done. Unless you were bluffing about quitting, which is a great big YDI.

ZY1431 24

should've just said nothing, then turn in the letter. would've saved yourself the trouble.

Don't do the projects, and if your boss fires you then at least you won't have to work there anymore.

Although that would be a solution, it may not be the best. Over here there is a big difference between getting fired and quitting in terms of government aid (don't know the official english term for it). Also, you may not have a job yet, when you get fired...

Put aside that pile of work and get cracking on that resignation letter. You want to quit. So do it! Don't get bullied into taking on more work.

I think he assigned that so that you would stay

an3ph 20