Get Lucky, sound of the summer

By ashamed - 25/11/2015 15:50 - United States - Buffalo

Spicy
Today, my neighbor called me a lucky bastard and said he heard me getting my wife off last night. I was too ashamed to admit the sounds he was referring to were from my 17-year-old daughter after a wasp flew through her bedroom window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 208
You deserved it 2 407

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what the ****? too embarassed? I woulda set him straight right there.

Here's the logic: the neighbor thought OP was doing great with his wife. However, the OP knew it was his daughter making the sounds that made the neighbor think the OP was getting laid. Somehow, the OP is ashamed that it wasn't his wife making those sexual noises, and quite possibly is also ashamed that his daughter is capable of making such noises. Hence, my comment. No father wants to think of their daughter making such noises let along engaging in sexual activity. It's kind of similar how kids don't want to hear or think about their parents banging each other.

Comments

what the ****? too embarassed? I woulda set him straight right there.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I think OP was referring to him and his wife...

I'm concerned about you that somehow this FML made you think about sexual things with your daughter...

Here's the logic: the neighbor thought OP was doing great with his wife. However, the OP knew it was his daughter making the sounds that made the neighbor think the OP was getting laid. Somehow, the OP is ashamed that it wasn't his wife making those sexual noises, and quite possibly is also ashamed that his daughter is capable of making such noises. Hence, my comment. No father wants to think of their daughter making such noises let along engaging in sexual activity. It's kind of similar how kids don't want to hear or think about their parents banging each other.

You do know the daughter was screaming because of a wasp, right?

I'm pretty sure that #31 knows it was a wasp, #34. He's saying that it would be off putting to explain it was OP's daughter, because the fact the neighbor said the noises sounded like a woman getting off. Thus, the neighbor accidentally or not made the OP think about the fact that his daughter is a person who can choose to have sex, which would make most parents uncomfortable because they generally dislike the idea of their offspring having sex, much like how children prefer to NOT think about how they were conceived. It wasn't that OP's daughter WAS having sex, but that she COULD choose to have sex.

MzZombicidal 36

There's nothing to be ashamed of, OP. As you can tell, a screaming woman isn't always the result of something great happening.

He probably would've gotten a laugh out of the real story

How can the sound of being scared of a wasp be misstaken by the sound of having sex?

noises woman make tend to be read as sexual sometimes. especially in video games you can't tell if the moans of a female character should show pleasure or pain.

Yup, personally I emit a single high-pitched screech either way. Seriously though, it being muffled through a wall probably made it a bit less clear, maybe the neighbour was just commenting on the amount of noise and thought he was being funny.

andrmac 25

Your daughter was making love to a wasp? How big was its stinger?