Friends

By Anonymous - 17/02/2010 07:39 - United States

Today, it's my 18th birthday. Last month was my best friend's 18th birthday. She spent the night with me, and the next morning, my mom and brother gathered in my room and sang "Happy Birthday" as they handed her pancakes with a candle on top. Today, I was woken up by screams to take the trash out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 638
You deserved it 2 621

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nooo, it's all part of the surprise! You go to take the trash out, and someone has parked a car amongst the rubbish! But no, you can't accept it when someone does something nice.

KurouTenshi 0

well on my bday I lost my job, got a bday card that informed me my rent was due, and then I only got to eat cold ravioli (which, incidentally, is just as good cold, as it is cooked)

Comments

fuckyouasshole66 0

talk about a disfunional family

Baby onion = Bunion? See I told you a Funion is a finger-bunion! We're right back to square one. Bunion soup anyone?

Hm true, true. Alright my friend, shall we give it a rest?

We did indeed, and nobody even corrected the poor sucker.

afarr 0

mercy can i have some pancakes? sirins cookies killed me

clahdupe 0

FYL CUZ THAT'S HOW YALL CELEBRATE BIRTHDAYS. MY PARENTS GOT ME A FIFTH OF TEQUILA

Don't bring them any presents when it's their birthay.

Sounds like your parents are a lot better at being the "cool aunt and uncle" than cool parents...

I spent 5 hours of my birthday cleaning my Husband's car while he was at work. He then got pissed that I bought a rose and chocolates to put in there. I also ruined dinner.

I look at this fml and I can't help but think "oooh... poor you, you have it sooo bad" (catching the sarcasm?) Try waking up on your 18th bday only to get ready for a funeral for your grandpa who was on his way for your bday. But whoa whoa whoa whoa.... you woke up to having to take up out the garbage, way to live a freaken life of misery.

Yes, it's very sad and unfortunate that, that happened to you however I wouldn't exactly define your experience as "living a life of misery" either. People die, we can't exactly choose when they do and if they happen to die on your birthday then so be it. If you haven't already gotten over it, you will.

I believe your missing the point of my comment. if I wanted sympathy towards my life I would have posted a fml stating the exact thing above. My life story was being used as an example of there are worst things out there then not waking up to breakfast in bed on your 18th. As for me, I may or may not be over it, but I know there are worst things out there then mine so thats how I come to peace with it. Maybe you should read further into the comment then just the surface.

Splayd 10

I think you missed his counter-point, which was this: There are worse things; does that mean if I get cancer, I should just be happy that I'm not being raped? Does that mean sadness or disappointment won't exist? We're not living in a mud-hut in Africa. Does that mean if your roof falls in, you should shrug it off? You didn't get shot, so does that mean if you stub your toe, you shouldn't wince in pain? If the people around you are treated with respect and you are not, it is not wrong to feel neglected. Furthermore, this website is not meant to make you feel pity. It is for amusement. Be amused.

grandpa was on the way, died and you had the funeral moments after you woke up on the same day of death? lie fail ....

WTF is wrong wit you assholes? it's her 18th bday. one of the most exciting bdays in your life. jus cuz you guys obviously have shitty lives doesn't mean you have to cut down on her. you guys can all go to hell.

I'd start crying if they did that to me!