Fresh

By MalariaFree - 14/06/2009 11:08 - Uganda

Today, I went to a hospital in Uganda, where I'm working with an NGO for the summer. I had a high fever and other symptoms of malaria. They gave me a test, and I don't have malaria. I'm now however sick from the water they gave me to wash down a medication to reduce fever. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 923
You deserved it 3 334

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks but is at least your helping ugandians I commend you for that.

wikifoo 0

Sorry about that ;however , THANK YOU for your humanatarian efforts

Comments

Some countries don't have clean water that many of us are accustomed to. It really bites trying to figure out what you can and can't drink.

stxchickshortie 0

#8 if you completely boil water... It will turn into steam

Unless you direct steam to another container where it cooles and become water again Dumbass learn to IMPROVISE !!!

hcolovex0x 0

Ew that's why you shouldn't drink shitty water in other places water isn't the cleanest these days. But it wasn't your fault.

snaredrum 0

FYL for getting sick while youre trying to help people but YDI for not being smart enough to only drink bottled water that you know is clean.

wikifoo 0

Sorry about that ;however , THANK YOU for your humanatarian efforts

Sorry to hear that. Atleast you're doing good for the world.

Wheres Uganda? ive heard of it before but dont no where it is.

In the southern central region of Africa

sceptic 1

Don't even ask such questions, you're just proving the point about national ignorance!

MIKENYC 0

What da **** u doing there?

bluesclues72 0

helping people, instead of sitting on their ass in the computer all day.

Well it is going to sound VERY harsh but, Most western countries and some other developed countries trying help these african people African people are strugling with mostly hunger, civil wars, deadly bactaria and virus. (and AIDS) Yet their population is increasing due to do ignorance. This makes their condition worse. Well the people trying to help african people with sending foods and medicines. Which i dont understand becouse these goods are only making these african people lazy while waiting next UN shipment. And again this makes their condition is worse again. Many of you must know the saying give a man fish, you make him eat food 1 day teach a man how to fish you make him eat food rest of his day. I really disagree with giving african people food amd medicine supplies, it is totally useless idea, give natural selection some time to decrease their population, then teach them how to farm and keep thier OWN water supply clean, and the most importantly TEACHING F.CKING POPULATION CONTROL. Then teach them how to train their OWN TEACHERS DOCTORS ENGINEERS PEACEKEEPERS and SCIENTISTS. Happy ******* ending of human crisis in africa in about 50 to 100 years, instead of infinite years of WASTING money on medical shipments. Stupid f.cks learn to improvise learn to create far future plans instead of saving the already in good shape today.

Well that does suck! Hope you get better soon.? RI