Forgetful

By kiddoc - 26/10/2011 02:28 - United States

Today, I was happily playing with my young niece and nephew. Their grandmother was watching and said, "You are so good with children! Why don't you have any?" My husband died 3 months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 979
You deserved it 2 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iSANDRAi 1

she probably didn't know that he died or she forgot. sorry to hear about ur loss tho.

Comments

indielove 13

Maybe she has Alzehmeirs? Sorry for your loss OP.

enonymous 8

You could have frozen the sperm. I have mine in my ice trays in case I die or when boners wants ice in his milk

gunmania0 12

Hahahaha enonymous I always look for your comments, they're always quality!

^ tis Not the type of fml for that kind of "humour", there is a time for everything. D:

OP, I this is one of the few times that the FML community is serious (to the most) in the comments section. Sorry bout your husband.

Omg who voted as YDI, these people are total idiots im sorry for your loss op

To defend all the ydi voters, this is a comedy site. Not a self-pity site.

RedPillSucks 31

ok, so how is voting YDI funny?

punkin_26 16

The YDI's are Badge hunting assholes.-Sorry for your loss OP.

_Vamp_ 9

Enonymous, that comment was very funny and well said, but the situation that you used it in is very disrespectful. This FML is one of the few "serious" ones. Sorry for the loss, OP. Good luck in your future.

200 people think she deserved it? Wow. Inconsiderate assholes.

blackheart24 10

Bummer OP. Nah that seriously sucks. All people who voted ydi are effing assholes.

Maybe you will learn to love again someday and get the opportunity to become a mother OP

This is a rare FML that is actually worthy of being called an FML. Not someone who accidentally farted in public or some stupid thing. I'm sorry to hear about your lose OP

#66 that must mean there are at least 340 gingers on here so far... Oh kicky is going to have so much fun!.. And sore feet

memily63 12

A lot of times, people don't realize what they say before it comes out of their mouth. Especially if it was recent, it might have escaped her mind at that time. I am so sorry though, OP. I know regardless it doesn't make it any easier

vibeplayer1112 0

She may not have known? If it is her niece and nephews grandmother why would she have to know?

Ins0mau 20

70, because that would make her O.P's mother?

0opsie 6

#75, Not really. She can be the kids' grandmother without any close relation to the OP. She could be OP's sibling-in-law's mother. Or even their step-parent's mother.

0opsie 6

*Or maybe her niece and nephew's parent is OP's half-sibling with the same father and this grandmother is her sibling's mom, not hers. The first thing I mentioned is probably it, though.

But if she's a sibling-in-law's mother, wouldn't that also make her the mother of the dead husband, unless they were only half-siblings? Sure, there are ways she could have been not in the OP's or her husband's immediate family, but it would have been nice to have this clarified in the FML.

Heliol 8

119 - One of the parents of the children is not related to the OP or her husband. And it would be really gross if her brother or sisters mom is also her husbands (how you came up with that as a given I cannot determine)... Since the OP is not a mother (hence the comment) and she said the children's grandmother rather than her mother or mother-in-law the grandmother is most likely related to the OP's brother's or sister's SPOUSE (that's also what a sibling-in-law is, it's not just a one way street -.-). Since their grandma probably doesn't interact very often with the OP it isn't too surprising that she would say something like that without knowing how it would hurt the OP.

iSANDRAi 1

she probably didn't know that he died or she forgot. sorry to hear about ur loss tho.

Trolls come to mind as possible culprits, or people with bad aim while clicking.

And if she did know. Op you could've said my husband is too busy buying your ticket to the other side.. granny. U mad?

Squeaky_Tomato 14

@118 Or the grandmother could be on the other side of the family. Op's mom would be their grandma ... But I could have sworn everyone has 2 (biological) grandmas.

135 - Um, wouldn't that make OPs husband her OWN son?

No, it would make OP's brother-in-law her son.

50- not being a ********. She might have it. And even if she didn't, older people have terrible memory, it's a fact that it deteriorates over time anyway.

Just to clear up things, I believe 5's comment was referring to the grandma, not OP. I assume most people understood, but yeah.. Just in case.

WeAreAHurricane 14

Just....go back to fruit dealing... Sorry for your loss OP :(

hamncheeseinit 6

Why do people say you deserve this that's terrible

mellylicious 8

Sorry for your loss :/ stay strong! (:

emac123 3

I'm very sorry for your loss. Hang in there

BlackRhyno 0

My heart goes out to you. Read some Nicholas Sparks books he always has good stories on being able to move on and fall in love again

schaflava 0

Or you could read some David Sedaris and eckhart tolle and elevate yourself

Andr913 13

10-No! Read something good instead.

Not Twilight! That is NOT a good book.* * Thought I would clarify the boundaries.

(facepalm) Or she could read something good instead. Nicholas Sparks is NOT good at writing realistic or healthy romantic relationships. (Fun fact: hanging off a Ferris wheel and threatening to kill yourself if a girl won't go on a date with you isn't cute, it's emotional abuse.) Oh, it's only been three months since her husband died. WAY too soon to even consider finding new love. You strike me as incredibly naive.