Footie

By supras - 04/12/2013 02:03 - United Kingdom - Luton

Today, playing soccer, I jumped up to make a header and clear the ball away from our goal. I got the ball but some guy kicked me in the face. I was taken off. All the parents were horrified, saying how badly my nose must have broken. Turns out my nose was fine. That's just how my nose looks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 867
You deserved it 3 132

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They didn't need to be so nosy. Congrats on getting the ball though.

Comments

When that happened to me I blacked out for a few minutes. Hey, on the bright side at least you will have an excuse, and a bad ass story!

lisaroxmysoxx 16

Oh geeze, I hope he wasn't wearing cleats!!

Everyone wear cleats in soccer. And cleats aren't sharpened, it wouldn't hurt as bad as it sounds.

meant to say at least they weren't metal cleats!

Don't sweat it, OP. Tyler, The Creator has big ears and a gap between his upper teeth, but does he give a **** on what other people think? **** no, and you should definitely do the same, OP.

DKjazz 20

At least you weren't playing hockey haha

Now everyone knows how much effort you put into games, good job OP :D sorry about your nose, but what do you know? a lot of famous people are recognized by their nose, you could be one of them!

i feel like all of these people would KNOW thats what your nose looks like, are you sure they didnt just think it was broken from watching the impact and not the looks?

Yeah it's called football man. Not soccer

Correction: in America, it's called soccer. Everywhere else, especially Europe, it's called football.

Ins0mau 20

We call it soccer here in Australia. Football usually refers to Rugby or Australian Football League rules (A.F.L).

OP could live in the UK but be originally from a country which refers to it as soccer. Or, because this site almost certainly has more readers from outside the UK than from in it, he could just have decided to call it soccer so that most people would understand which sport he was referring to. After all, as far as I know, soccer only refers to one sport, but football could be understood as several different things.

Thanks for clearing that up guys. But in the US, there "soccer" and "football" are 2 very different things. I know cause I live there. Go Manchester United! You know, the English football/soccer whatever-you-wanna-call-it team.

Rohit281 13

You put on a clown's nose and played football? :P

OP, not everyone's nose looks perfect so I'm sure that you look great!!

You are from the UK. Why did you call it "soccer?" But nice work clearing the ball.