Foot, meet mouth

By Anonymous - 20/01/2016 02:51 - United States - Mission

Today, I was talking to one of my supervisors at my new job. He asked if I knew a professor at the school I recently graduated from, and I decided to babble on about how shitty of a professor he was and how much I loathed his class. He then looked at me and said, "That's my dad." FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 515
You deserved it 22 636

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I recommend learning the phrase: "Yes, why do you ask?"

If he was asking about a specific teacher, it's pretty obvious that he knows the guy and that you shouldn't talk shit about him.

Comments

YDI for bathmouthing and not carring about to whom you actually talk at a new job.

ndnpride88 25

Maybe you should follow one of the golden rules. " if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all." Also, as advice always answer only the questions they ask. Never give to much info unless asked. You may give them more than what you should.

Never talk down a (former) professor, (former) boss or actually...any other person. You never know when you might need them or to whom they are related. Karma always comes back.

Don't talk about people behind their backs unless you're ready to say whatever you criticizing to their face, and don't talk about your business at work no matter what; people will use it against you. Lesson learned my friend.

That's why you just say: "Yes, I know him, where do you know him from", and then wait for the other person to tell you how they know them.

Bad move. If he asked if you knew the guy, it's obviously because he knows him. You should've said yes and then waited for what he said next

cheshireau 26

I saw that reply coming a mile away

...YDI, It's what you get for being a dick.

I was just thinking shouldn't OP know his supervisor's last name? But it was a new job so perhaps OP hadn't been properly introduced to them yet.

I don't know most of my supervisors' or coworkers' last names, and I've been working there for two and a half years.